Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Fetac to get into DCU

Options
  • 20-08-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've wanted to do the Multimedia course in DCU since I was in third year. Bit gutted not getting the points, but this was down to circumstances I had little control over.

Which FETAC course, or in which college would be the easiest/best?
    Colaiste Dhulaigh - 3years
    Ballyfermot - 2years
    Stillorgan - 1year
    Is my information correct? I would much prefer to do a 1year course as this way I could accept and defer my other CAO offer in UCD to fall back on if all fails. I'm willing to do any of the accepted modules, I'm interested in all of them.
    Is there any other places I could do a suitable FETAC 1year course? Or does anyone have any advice?
    -Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

I thought that if you accepted a course and then deferred it, you could not make another cao application the year you should be entering the deffered course?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

i just finished Multimedia in DCU.
    I did a Multimedia PLC (EMMPX) before I entered DCU to take up a year , until I was 18, and deferred the DCU place fr the year to do that. so what your saying seems possible.
    Aslong as you find a course that has the right accreditation and modules you have a shot. A few people in my class had gotten in through PLC.

I'll add now PLC is a LOT easier than university level, youd want to be getting top marks in the PLC, which isn't hard, but be warned when you start DCU you'll probably surpass the PLC within the first semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mndmcd

I am in the same situation as you. I've wanted to do Multimedia in DCU or something similar in DIT since 3rd year as well but didn't get enough points. I'm deferring my place in NUIG however to do a Multimedia Production (EMMPX) course in Stillorgan in a few weeks. If you get over 5 distinctions in everything you can get a place in DCU, DIT etc afterwards. It's just it's a very competitive area I heard so it's risky and there is only a limited amount of spaces available in each course for PLC students. DCU only has 3 or something.

Advertisement