Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where should I go on Holiday?

• 20-08-2012 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

I have 13 days leave left to use this year. Not a notion where to go. With Wizzair I can get to Romania and Serbia for 50€ return which is grand but what do I do when I get there? Is there much craic in Transylvania in November?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Go, get drunk, come home.

Sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have 13 days leave left to use this year. Not a notion where to go. With Wizzair I can get to Romania and Serbia for 50€ return which is grand but what do I do when I get there? Is there much craic in Transylvania in November?
    There's only one way to find out for sure. Book a ticket and fly there, stay in a hostel and ask the other planners what to do. There's no need to plan holidays, just latch onto others that know what they're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Stay here. Spend your two weeks in a wet campsite in Wexford. Report back regularly. You'll make the rest of us feel better about ourselves anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sligo. brilliant place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What about a hostel in Bratislava?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Belgrade is a cool city, do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Egypt is cheap now compared to a few years ago. Dont believe all the mugging/attacking tourist stories, after being there twice I loved every minute of it.The hotels are so posh too, lovely relaxing/cultural holiday.

tip; Don't stay in Cairo, just fly up for the day trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Come to my gaff, you'll have a great time. I have a shed & we can play xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

I've been to Bratislava before. It's ****ing ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Agreed. You should have taken the train up the road to Trnava, great spot.

Op just pick a small town close to a city thats cheap to get to and spend your time there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Iceland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

+1

**** it. Romania here I come

50€ quid well spent. Now where is Romania again and what do I go to see when I am there.

+1

+ 2

Half a day and you've done the whole place. And that's including a nice long lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

I went to Romania in February a few years ago. Went Skiing in the mountains, and did a trip to Dracula's castle which was pretty cool.

Go see Vlad the Impaler's castle. And report back etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Mars, with your third testicle you could have a beautiful relationship with the three boobed woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I have 13 days leave left to use this year. Not a notion where to go. With Wizzair I can get to Serbia... but what do I do when I get there?

Get shot at?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Nice, Southern France.
    Ryan Air fly direct and stay in a 2/3 star B&B.
    Twenty minutes up one way by train is Cannes - Twenty minutes up an other way is Monte Carlo.
    (Train trip cost for one person one way, is €2.)
    In ALL three places you could spend weeks exploring. New French sections, old French quarters, historic areas, they have all beaches, LOADS (even doubles at night!) of places to eat and drink.

HERE is just a few pics of a tiny section of Nice itself.
    (Can't post pics of the beaches here - a lot of young females were all top-less)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Come whest, come to Westport

Advertisement