If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pojector + AV receiver

Options
  • 20-08-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi folks,

I'm in the market for a new AV receiver and projector and was wondering if you could give me some prices/advice..

For the projector i was thinking maybe the Optoma HD33. I'd also need a fixed screen to go with it. Not sure what size the screen would be, the projector will be ceiling mounted 14ft approx from the wall so maybe you could advise on my best options here?

For the AV receiver i'm thinking either the Denon AVR-1912 or the Onkyo TX-NR515 so maybe you could advise me on these?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

jaws2 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm in the market for a new AV receiver and projector and was wondering if you could give me some prices/advice..

For the projector i was thinking maybe the Optoma HD33. I'd also need a fixed screen to go with it. Not sure what size the screen would be, the projector will be ceiling mounted 14ft approx from the wall so maybe you could advise on my best options here?

For the AV receiver i'm thinking either the Denon AVR-1912 or the Onkyo TX-NR515 so maybe you could advise me on these?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jaws.

The Optoma HD33 is currently priced at £1299.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/optoma/hd33/opto-hd33

We do a 92" Optoma screen priced at £119.95 - This would fit well with the HD33.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/projector-accessories/optoma/ds9092pmg+/opto-ds9092pmg-plus

The Denon 1912 has now finished, however the 515 is a much better amp and was 5 star reviewed by What HiFi and has now dropped in price to £419.95 (Bargain)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr515/onky-txnr515-blk

I hope this helps :) Any further questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jaws2

Thanks Kenny.

Is there a big difference in the viewing quality with fixed tensioned screens or do most people just go for the manually adjustable screens?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Jaws,

Fixed tension screens certainly do help with picture quality. These can be fairly pricey so most people seem to stick with manual screens.

The Optoma Kenny quoted is a good quality screen. I think it would be a safe bet.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.