Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oskars Pub - Re-Opened

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Went in for lunch yesterday. The food and service was excellent. It's good to see the owner of any business the first point of contact. I must say Flash was very welcoming to all the customers , it's those little things that make you want to come back. The food was tasty and it had good sized portions. I highly recommend & will go back there for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Table service in pubs in recent years in most places is just a by-product of staff standing around doing nothing and either using their own initiative to look busy or being told to go out by a manager who can't send staff home because they're contracted for x number of hours a week!

I don't mind getting up to order food, especially because I'm usually also getting drinks at the same time. As someone who worked in bars for a long time though, the tips do start rolling in if you can squeeze in table service as well as your other duties.

Advertisement