Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running a succesful social contest that adheres to all rules? (Facebook etc)

Options
  • 20-08-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, I'm about to run a contest on my facebook page and there's a minefield of rules that need to be followed. Now of course the idea of running a contest is to increase the popularity of the brand/page so does anyone have experience with running a rule abiding contest, that at the same time will get the maximum amount of new likes etc?

This page: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-promotions-what-you-need-to-know/ is pretty descriptive about what is and isn't allowed. I've seen big Irish pages like IKEA doing promotions by asking people to email their answers, with no requirement to like a page etc. Does emailing take it into the third party realm, thus making it legit?

Most contest apps I've seen, seem to cost a lot and take a lot to set up properly so I'd prefer not to have to rely on an app, but if it means getting a lot more followers, while also being legit, it may be worth it.

Is anyone here experienced in setting up such contests and seen a huge increase in the amount of followers after doing so, while keeping it within the rules?

I'd be interested in meeting up for an hour or two to get me sorted if possible or if anyone has any basic advice I'd really appreciate it too :)

Advertisement