Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian IEC Working Holiday Visa not used.....

Options
  • 20-08-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a situation here. I applied for and was granted an IEC WHV visa for Canada in May 2011. Due to personal circumstances changing, I was unable to use it before the expiry date this May. Am I able to get another one? (From the looks of it I don't think I can)

Or does anyone know if there is another visa that I can get to allow me to work in Canada? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

As far as I know, everyone is entitled to 2 IEC visas so you should be able to apply again?

You just won't be able to apply for a second year since the visa now used still counts as your first one despite the fact you didn't use it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

**** Moving from US/ Canada travel to Living Abroad, where Canada visa questions go until Canada gets its own forum ****

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

leggit wrote: »
    As far as I know, everyone is entitled to 2 IEC visas so you should be able to apply again?

You just won't be able to apply for a second year since the visa now used still counts as your first one despite the fact you didn't use it

Incorrect. It doesn't count at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 fumbles

Thanks. I believe the applications for 2012 are closed for this year anyway so I'll have to wait till 2013. Do you think this rule will change next year considering the amount of application are being sent in?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

fumbles wrote: »
    Thanks. I believe the applications for 2012 are closed for this year anyway so I'll have to wait till 2013. Do you think this rule will change next year considering the amount of application are being sent in?

Just apply early and you'll be sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 fumbles

Thanks for ye're help guys! Much appreciated. There's some bit of hope! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Agro Head wrote: »
    Incorrect. It doesn't count at all.

From the IEC website:

I obtained a Letter of Introduction after successfully applying to the IEC, but wasn’t able / decided not to go to Canada. May I still participate twice in the IEC as per the rules of the initiative?

No. The issuance of a Letter of Introduction counts as participation in the IEC. You are allowed to participate in the IEC twice, for one year at a time on each occasion. If you were issued a Letter of Introduction but did not use it, you will only be able to participate once more in the IEC.

Advertisement