Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT080 - Networking Technologies

Options
  • 20-08-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Got offered this today in le CAO and would like to know what people thought of it if they've completed or are still doing it.

I was aiming for a computer science degree in DIT but missed it by a good bit and was hoping this could have been a bit similar but going through the course content, it doesn't seem so. I have a PLC in computer science as a back up but I'm not sure if I'd like to do this instead. Maybe someone can give me a better insight rather than the DIT website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

I have a feeling I'll be the only person in this course :P

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Willbbz wrote: »
    I have a feeling I'll be the only person in this course :P

I'll be there as well so there will be at least two of us anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

make it the three of us

and like yourself OP I'd like the make it to the computer science somehow too

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Igorito

Make it 4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

How many ended up on this course? Did many drop out since the start of course? Are there any places available? Thanks

• Advertisement

I'm doing it currently.

Seen one person transfer to a different course a few weeks ago and one new person joined today.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

I'm doing it currently.

Seen one person transfer to a different course a few weeks ago and one new person joined today.

Thanks Willbbz,
    was askin for my son, he was doing Computing in Kevin St but the course wasn't what he expected of it and was looking for a transfer to Net Tech.
    He emailed Dermot but it seems that there weren't any places available. Afaik
    he was told that there were 48 places which made up 3 lab groups of 16 which was the maximum catered for. He needed someone to drop out or transfer out so he might get place.Think it's too late now as today was the cut-off day to get fee deferral???

leedslad wrote: »

Thanks Willbbz,
    was askin for my son, he was doing Computing in Kevin St but the course wasn't what he expected of it and was looking for a transfer to Net Tech.
    He emailed Dermot but it seems that there weren't any places available. Afaik
    he was told that there were 48 places which made up 3 lab groups of 16 which was the maximum catered for. He needed someone to drop out or transfer out so he might get place.Think it's too late now as today was the cut-off day to get fee deferral???

PM me your phone number. I'm actually looking to transfer to Computing oddly enough but there's no vacancies

Dermit Clarke is my Networking Fundamentals Lecturer

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

PM me your phone number. I'm actually looking to transfer to Computing oddly enough but there's no vacancies

Dermit Clarke is my Networking Fundamentals Lecturer

Hi, just wondering if i could pm you a few questions about ur course and experiences? Be muchly appreciated

Hi, just wondering if i could pm you a few questions about ur course and experiences? Be muchly appreciated

Go right ahead. I'd be glad to help out where I can :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement