Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Physics Courses, International Accreditation?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Have been trying to find some decent information on this, but there seems to be dozens (if not hundreds) of accrediting bodies in Europe and beyond regulating this area (with nothing universal).

I've been looking into various medical physics M.Sc. courses, mostly in Europe. In Britain, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Valencia. I've read up about many. I, however, have been able to find very little information regarding whether these particular courses will actually qualify a person to work as a clinical physicist in a hospital environment. One course in Amsterdam I've found meets clinical physicist regulations set by the government in The Netherlands, however I don't know if such a course would subsequently meet regulations set by foreign governments? Two courses here in Ireland meet our government's standards, but do they meet others? Similarly, I can find courses in Britain that meet their government's standards, but could I take such degrees elsewhere in the world?

... and therein lies my main problem. I don't want to do a degree in Ireland and be stuck here forever, or one in Britain and be stuck there forever. Similarly in The Netherlands or Denmark or Sweden etc etc.

Can a clinical physics degree fully accredited in one European country by an internal regulating body be taken elsewhere?

Advertisement