Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT211

Options
  • 20-08-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Thinking of taking this offer, anyone here been through it that can give us an idea of what its like? :)

Whats the classes usually like? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Excedion wrote: »
    Thinking of taking this offer, anyone here been through it that can give us an idea of what its like? :)

Whats the classes usually like? :)

I finished 4th year a year ago. The structure has been changed since i left but its a good course, its similar to computer science but its much more hands on.
    Less time doing maths , more developing computers and programs.

Any particular questions you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JinnyJen

I accepted this! I hope its good! what are the hours like actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I finished 4th year a year ago. The structure has been changed since i left but its a good course, its similar to computer science but its much more hands on.
    Less time doing maths , more developing computers and programs.

Any particular questions you have?

Yeah I was wondering what the yearly costs you had were like? and what kind of working time did you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Excedion wrote: »
    Yeah I was wondering what the yearly costs you had were like? and what kind of working time did you have?

Hey Dude,

Im heading in to DT211 First year aswell, so see you there! :D

Some information i have found already, and im sure you may already know.

Fee's and Tuition: 2250e (providing this is your first Degree Program) , you wont have to pay the Tuition Fee of about 1500e

More info HERE

Time Tables can be Found HERE

Logon:

U/N: students
    PW: timetables

Not really sure after that RE: Yearly Costs, i hope we dont have to buy books!?! :confused::eek:

Im sure we will find more at induction on September 10th

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Not really sure after that RE: Yearly Costs, i hope we dont have to buy books!?! :confused::eek:

I finished DT228 (comp. science) a year ago and there was really only 1 book that was compulsory. Other books are optional or just recommended by lecturers (and some are available in the library) but for the most part the lecturers put all the core material needed for exams and assignments in powerpoint slides. I knew folks in DT211 also and it was a similar situation. Both courses have had a major overhaul since I've left as far as I know but I can't imagine you'll be needing loads of books regardless. Just depends on the lecturer really.

The only other yearly costs you need to worry about are registration fees which when I left was at €1500 and rising every year and maybe the cost of a locker if you need one for the year for €10.

• Advertisement
Advertisement