Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair dye

• 20-08-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I need to colour my hair but on a cost saving budget at the moment - was going to get a box dye but is it safer or better to go to Hairdresser. Just that the hairdresser is costing a minimum of €45. I will be dying it a shade of brown.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I've ALWAYS used shop bought home dyes, bar maybe twice a year when i get a mobile hairdresser in to do an all over job on it. I'm greying at the roots quite a lot over the last 2 years and its just too expensive to get a pro job on it all the time.

My tips are just go slow and if you've thick hair buy 2 boxes. One is never enough for my hair if im doing a full dye.You literally have to do it in layers, roots first,wait 10 mins then do the rest if necessary. Massage the colour as you go, wipe any areas that are not where they're supposed to be and rinse well.

Ive done so many different shades of dark brown and never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

I would use a dye that last 24 washes. The nice and easy one that last 24 washes is good and you should be able to get this in Dunnes, Tesco, boots ect.
    Check the box that it does 24 washes and they do a number of brown shades.
    The medium golden brown is a nice colour.
    I have been using this for a few years and I find it last more than 24 washes.
    Get one of the hair colour brush's your hairdresser use and get a friend to apply the dye with this brush. After this I think you need to leave this on for 15 mins before washing it out. Use the conditioner in the box after this.
    I would not use a permenant dye unless you are very gray as it builds up in your hair and has to grow out ( if you use the wrong shade).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

You can buy salon dye in places like Sally's.

I used to get L'oreal Majirel which was less than a tenner for the tube then you need to buy the L'oreal Oxydant developer to go with it which was about €10 for a 1 litre bottle but the bottle of developer will last you for ages and through many dye jobs so really it doesn't end up costing you much more than normal box dye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I've been dying hair at home aswell for years, all different shades of brown. I'd recommend the L'oreal casting creme gloss dye as its not pernament and has loads of really nice shades and very easy to use, the instructions are fool proof. If your hair is long or thick you maybe need too boxes. Most pharmacies,boots and tesco's do it. Good Luck.

Advertisement