Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glute activation w/tight IT bands

Options
  • 20-08-2012 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Hanley wrote: »
    Whatever one works the best for you...

I like lying clams but they aren't great if you've tight IT bands.

X-band walks are great, as are side lunges with bands just above your knees.

THIS!

Any more suggestions from the board?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Woah woah woah... lets make sure this quote is in context. Where did that originally come from and what was it in reference to?!

I'm guessing something to do with external rotation, valgus patterns and squats?

EDIT: and the obvious suggestion is to fix your tight ITBs with a roller before trying to do any hip mobility/glute activation work in a session!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Out of interest what tightens up your IT band?

I run (both on a treadmill and on the road) I stretch my quads, glutes, calves and hamstrings with dynamic stretches before a session and static after. I haven't used a foam roller in a few months due to laziness on my part. I don't know if my IT band is tight, I haven't felt it being tight as I haven't been working it with a roller.

Advertisement