Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money In Account But Can't Be Touched?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭

Hey, bit of a strange one for me, but you's have probably seen it loads. I am with AIB, I get paid every Thursday from my job direct into the account. I am not giving the exact figures here, but I got paid 300 euro, this Thursday, I took out 250 that day, so I had 50 euro in the account.

I went back later that day to take out the 50 euro but my balance was at 0. The 50 euro had gone, I printed out a mini statement just to make sure I hadn't accidently took out 300 earlier in the day and nope it said 250. But then I noticed it had in the corner Balance: €50. So its obviously still in the account.

I haven't bought anything using the laser card or any of that, I can't over draw on the account either so its not just being paid back.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Did you buy anything with your Laser card?

In AIB online banking they have a Pending Transaction button to show what amounts are on hiold - try that. Failing that ring customer support in your branch. They will tell you.
    Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Hey, bit of a strange one for me, but you's have probably seen it loads. I am with AIB, I get paid every Thursday from my job direct into the account. I am not giving the exact figures here, but I got paid 300 euro, this Thursday, I took out 250 that day, so I had 50 euro in the account.

I went back later that day to take out the 50 euro but my balance was at 0. The 50 euro had gone, I printed out a mini statement just to make sure I hadn't accidently took out 300 earlier in the day and nope it said 250. But then I noticed it had in the corner Balance: €50. So its obviously still in the account.

I haven't bought anything using the laser card or any of that, I can't over draw on the account either so its not just being paid back.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Huggles wrote: »
    Did you buy anything with your Laser card?

In AIB online banking they have a Pending Transaction button to show what amounts are on hiold - try that. Failing that ring customer support in your branch. They will tell you.

Nah I haven't bought anything with laser recently. I don't have online banking. Ringing them up I guess is the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

1. Direct Debit due to come out?
    2. Written a cheque that's due to hit?
    3. Would it be a business account in a business that owes money to Revenue and subject to an attachment order?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Its really handy to have, I recommend it.
    Purely out of curiosity why don't you have it?
    Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Nah I haven't bought anything with laser recently. I don't have online banking. Ringing them up I guess is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

smcgiff wrote: »
    1. Direct Debit due to come out?
    2. Written a cheque that's due to hit?
    3. Would it be a business account in a business that owes money to Revenue and subject to an attachment order?
    1. Nope no Direct Debit's out of the account.
    2. Nope don't write cheque's.
    3. Its a personal account.

But thanks for the thoughts. I have ran through every possible thing in my head as well.
    Huggles wrote: »
    Its really handy to have, I recommend it.
    Purely out of curiosity why don't you have it?
    Never bothered to set it up, no real reason, I have been meaning to, but keep putting it off :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement