Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is this?

• 20-08-2012 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

28m03tw.jpg

here a couple of clues..

it was today
    first i photted Clan Line at Reading Station
    then I rode for 15 minutes in mk3 comfort (at 125 mph)
    then i took more photos
    including Brittannia under repair.(more follows

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Clan Line

2a77hiv.jpg

1589y7q.jpg

cant eem to rotate it sorry

diesel electric steam?

nah

25s92t0.jpg

carriage? nah SMu I reckon. :-)
    24grcb5.jpg

219ba8i.jpg

finally, whats thsi?

awful pics, sorry, blame Nokia:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Thats an original section of cast iron pipe from the atmospheric railway system trialled in the UK, almost the same as the Kingstown - Dalkey atmospheric railway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Someone has been to Didcot ;)

The cylinders are the new build County?

18000 was a SLM Brown-Boveri gas turbine loco (aka Kerosene Castle)

The carriage is a new steam railmotor, think the only original bit is the underframe? It's just been passed for mainline use under strict conditions.

As goingnowhere says, they are atmospheric pipes from the South Devon Railway

Could be passing that way in 10 days, may pay a revisit, been a few years since last one.

101sean wrote: »
    Someone has been to Didcot ;)

The cylinders are the new build County?

18000 was a SLM Brown-Boveri gas turbine loco (aka Kerosene Castle)

The carriage is a new steam railmotor, think the only original bit is the underframe? It's just been passed for mainline use under strict conditions.

As goingnowhere says, they are atmospheric pipes from the South Devon Railway

Could be passing that way in 10 days, may pay a revisit, been a few years since last one.

well worth popping in,A lot of change since last year.7202 2-8-2t seems very advanced and The Saint is too. the cylinders are 4079 penndennis Catle (county is two cylinder of course....) otherwise you were spot on

Advertisement