Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad3 screen cracked

• 20-08-2012 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi All,

Dropped my ipad3 last week and cracked the screen and a little bit of the back is dented, even tho it was in a case.

Wonder if anyone can advise me, hear best way to sort is by dealing with apple direct, done this but itll take nearly two weeks but the major plus is that its a refurb il get back so itll be in great condition and il still have a warranty

Has anyone else had same issue and how did you get it sorted,im based in Dublin

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Head up to the Apple Store in Belfast; they should be able to swap you out with a refurbished replacement on the spot. You'll have to pay, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

great stuff, is there a major charge for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Dan82 wrote: »
    great stuff, is there a major charge for this?

Edit you dropped so it will not be covered under warranty best bet is

To get it done of one of the lads on here P.M Cathaldub he is very well know on here for repairing all apple products

fox007 wrote: »

To get it done of one of the lads on here P.M Cathaldub he is very well know on here for repairing all apple products

Spoke to apple, they are giving me a refurb and the new one will be covered by warranty, its 220 sterling,i have it in writing, if you think your friend can sort the screen and back cover on mine for less than that let me know , but i cant see that happening lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Dan82 wrote: »

Spoke to apple, they are giving me a refurb and the new one will be covered by warranty, its 220 sterling,i have it in writing, if you think your friend can sort the screen and back cover on mine for less than that let me know , but i cant see that happening lad

He is not my fried he just comes highly recommend on here is all that sound like a great price so go for that.

• Advertisement

He is not my fried he just comes highly recommend on here is all that sound like a great price so go for that.

no problem , thanks for helping tho

massy086 wrote: »

very cheap, id be worried if it would be up to apple detail, maybe im wrong, if anyone has had dealings with these guys let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I got my ipad 2 screen replaced in Cell Again in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. Compub gave me a voucher for a tenner off and the total price was 140 euro. I was very impressed with the repair. Its as good as new.

Knine wrote: »
    I got my ipad 2 screen replaced in Cell Again in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. Compub gave me a voucher for a tenner off and the total price was 140 euro. I was very impressed with the repair. Its as good as new.

Thanks, think i have it sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

I have the same problem as you. What did you end up doing?

ccazza wrote: »
    I have the same problem as you. What did you end up doing?

im waiting for a guy to come back to me 120 euro new screen, what damage have you done to yours? id still rather get replacement from apple, that would be first choice

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

My screen is cracked in a few different places but I can still use the iPad. I was just going to get the screen replaced but I then noticed there was a piece gone of a the screen at the edge. Was afraid there could be other stuff wrong later ad a result of the fall so decided the safest thing to do was to replace it through apple. Don't even know what happened it. My 4 year old must have dropped it. When I opened the cover the screen was cracked and there was wee shards of glass on the inside cover! An expensive mistake!

ccazza wrote: »
    My screen is cracked in a few different places but I can still use the iPad. I was just going to get the screen replaced but I then noticed there was a piece gone of a the screen at the edge. Was afraid there could be other stuff wrong later ad a result of the fall so decided the safest thing to do was to replace it through apple. Don't even know what happened it. My 4 year old must have dropped it. When I opened the cover the screen was cracked and there was wee shards of glass on the inside cover! An expensive mistake!

We are all in the same boat, I'm told now best thing to do is put up for sale and then buy new one but I'm under time restriction with needing it for the weekend,

Advertisement