Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT to Accounting

Options
  • 20-08-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

I've been working in the IT sector for a few years but have always wanted a move to accountancy. I can't go back studying full-time as I want to keep working. What are good routes for a change in career for someone in my position e.g. part-time courses or other courses?
    Thanks in advance for helpful tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

If you are around Dublin you could try either Dublin Business School, National College of Ireland or Independent College for a Part-Time degree in accountancy.

Or you can try doing the ACCA's? As far as I am aware you don't need a degree to do these (although you get exempt from some ACCA papers if you do Business/Accountancy degree)

ACCA's can be done part time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Accounting Technicians will have part time courses too. http://www.accountingtechniciansireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Thanks for the info lads. I'm in the south of the country. Has anyone been through ACCA or gone the Accounting Technicians route to advise which might be the path to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I'd done the Accounting Tech's a few years back and it was good. It might be a bit different now but you did Accounting, Tax, Business Man and Law in year 1. You don't have to sit the exams in one sitting either. On completion of it you can get a lot of exemptions if you want to continue you studies.

A relation also did it and thinks it was great but hasn't done ACCA.

Advertisement