Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about repeats

• 20-08-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey, I have completed third year but have one repeat I gotta do this week and I am BRICKING it over it. Can anybody tell me what happens if worse comes to worse and I do fail?

I'm looking to go on and do fourth year afterwards so would I be allowed to carry on the module with my fourth year studies? Which would suck but it's better than repeating the year just cause of one damn module!

Also, are you able to compensate in a way by having chats with your course co-coordinator and promising to do better and how you don't know how you failed etc.

Anybody able to help with this? I know you can carry on a module from 1st to second year and from 2nd to 3rd but I don't know if you can to fourth as it is final year.

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

therattler wrote: »

Thanks, that was very helpful :p

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Pretty sure you can't carry a module into an award year mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

I have a question as well in regarding repeats. Basically I deferred all of my Semester 2 modules due to extenuating circumstances, but then I withdrew that application in order to be able to repeat over the summer and progress into the second year of my course. I know for certain that I've failed a module, or at the best scraped a D.

What I'm wondering is what happens when I fail a repeat? Will I be able to progress into the second year and carry on the module? Also would I be able to carry on 2 modules as I have an exam coming up and I'm not sure if I'll pass that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

alanzo27 wrote: »
    I have a question as well in regarding repeats. Basically I deferred all of my Semester 2 modules due to extenuating circumstances, but then I withdrew that application in order to be able to repeat over the summer and progress into the second year of my course. I know for certain that I've failed a module, or at the best scraped a D.

What I'm wondering is what happens when I fail a repeat? Will I be able to progress into the second year and carry on the module? Also would I be able to carry on 2 modules as I have an exam coming up and I'm not sure if I'll pass that either.

From what I remember you can carry a max of 2 modules on from first year, but cannot carry any from 2nd to 3rd, or 3rd to 4th.

This form may answer more questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

You can carry some to 3rd from 2nd. A friend of mine carried a second year module onto the third year of our course, another carried two on.

• Advertisement

Chief_Jack wrote: »
    You can carry some to 3rd from 2nd. A friend of mine carried a second year module onto the third year of our course, another carried two on.
    Are you sure they didn't sign up for four years, and therefore third year isn't a rewarding year. So it would be like carrying modules from second to third year for someone who is doing 3 years.

Advertisement