Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fone World - Williamson Mall - Dundalk

Options
  • 20-08-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I brought my HTC smart phone to Fone World in Williamson Mall in Dundalk with a cracked screen.

They replaced the screen and returned my phone. 2 days later the screen popped out. I brought it back and they returned it later that day. Now there was a buzzing noise from the speaker and the screen popped out again. 2nd time back they told me on the last visit some screws which weren't properly tightened were causing the buzzing. Handed it back to me and said it was tested and I would have no further problems. Few days later, screen out and buzzing sound.

I rang to complain and they asked for another go at fixing it and refused to give a refund. If they 'Fix' my phone another time it will be beyond the repair of a competent phone technician.

Dont let these clowns near your phone. I will have to bring it somewhere else and write off the original cost as a bad job.

The service, and attitude when I complained about the work is atrocious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

When you buy product, the seller enters into a contract with you. You contract to give them some money, and they contract to supply a product that is fit for its intended purpose.

If the product is unfit for purpose (which in this case it seems to be), the seller has to repair, replace or refund. It is the seller's choice which of the three they do, but if they opt to repair it, then they have to actually so a proper job, and if they fail to fix it, then they still have to do one of the other two.

Go back, and insist on either a replacement or a FULL refund. They will return the phone to their wholesalers anyway, so they won't be out of pocket much (all they'll lose out on is their labour/parts costs for the botched repair attempts, and that's their own fault)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

got a laptop charger fixed in it, no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Go back, and insist on either a replacement or a FULL refund. They will return the phone to their wholesalers anyway, so they won't be out of pocket much (all they'll lose out on is their labour/parts costs for the botched repair attempts, and that's their own fault)
    How will they return the phone to the wholesaler.from what I gather they didnt buy the Phone in foneworld,they only got it repaired.

seannash wrote: »
    How will they return the phone to the wholesaler.from what I gather they didnt buy the Phone in foneworld,they only got it repaired.

I suggest you read the first line of the OP again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I suggest you read the first line of the OP again.
    I brought my HTC smart phone to Fone World in Williamson Mall in Dundalk with a cracked screen

Theres an R in there i believe ;)

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    Theres an R in there i believe ;)

Sorry!!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PatrickMcK

Anyone recommend a good phone repair service in Dundalk. Im still having problems since these clowns damaged my phone.

Dont want to let them at it again.

Fone World in Williamson Mall are a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

There's a phone shop across from the square that seems to be quite reasonable.

My friend's iphone 3's button wasn't working. One shop said it would cost €30 to replace the button, that they'd need to order it in, they'd scratch the bottom of the phone when removing the cover, and if the screen cracked it would cost €60.

The shop at the square could say straight away that he could fix it for €15, and he did, with no fuss or ordering in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Can anyone recommend somewhere in dundalk to get a 4s screen replaced? Phone got water damaged and seems to be working no probs when connected to a laptop or an ipod dock but just the screen wont come on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Easy enough to do yourself with lots of tutorials online. Screens cheap on ebay aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Dunny wrote: »
    Easy enough to do yourself with lots of tutorials online. Screens cheap on ebay aswell.

I was hoping to avoid that!!

ok the only prices i have gotten so far was €80-90 so i'll give it a go myself...ordered a new screen, digitiser and tools off ebay for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 40 livingbasshead

Hey the very same thing happened to me. I got my screen repaired there and there's a buzzing from the earpiece and the back just slides off easily. I'm hoping to collect it tomorrow so if there's any gip with it there'll be war!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Maybe wait until you get it back before coming on here railing about it! You'd never know - it could be perfect!!!!!!!!!!LL

I paid 80 euro for a job to be done and while one thing got sorted other things started to come apart. As you know the iPhones are expensive and a rather delicate piece of equipment. I come on to Boards and see that other people have the same issues with Fone World. I think it's my basic right to share my story with other people who have already had difficulty with this place of business so please don't instruct me to do otherwise. Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 patgmail

Shameen is right though. come back and scream about them when you get the iPhone back still faulty. until then it is a non-issue. How did the phone break in the first place and why did you not go back to the supplier?????????????

?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Is there going to be "War" or is the repair to your liking BassHead ? :pac:

Yeah it was to my liking when I got it back today. What's with the "War" reference??!! I hope it's to do with U2 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Yeah it was to my liking when I got it back today. What's with the "War" reference??!! I hope it's to do with U2 :-)

Good stuff,i can put the gun away.

You made the War reference in your earlier post ;)
    ....... I'm hoping to collect it tomorrow so if there's any gip with it there'll be war!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you even pick up a gun in the first place?! Do you think it isn't even my right to complain about such a poor company????? I heard even more complaints today from an external source! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You got it back to your liking so why the gripe? As said days ago, wait until the conclusion before jumping in screaming.

I too am curious why you didn't go back to whoever supplied the phone in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Mr Locksmith

Left my daughters iphone 4 into fone world to be repaired issue was phone would switch off by itself. Technician looked at it and said was not a battery issue. Out of warranty thats why it was left ith them.. Two weeks later and no contact from them i called into shop to be told that they could not find the problem so not fixed but i owed them 80 euro for new battery and time spent on phone. Deal was they would call before they fitted new parts to get okay on price I refused to pay for battery as they said original battery was good but would pay for their time. Got quite heated and shop was now filling with customers so i was handed phone back and no charge. Told not to come back Still not sure if new battery fitted or not.
    Took it to guy at the square he is checking to see what problem might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

On the back of what I read above and having smashed the screen of my beloved, I went to Fone Xchange on market square . He had it done in a few hours and a cracking job too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

MugMugs wrote: »
    On the back of what I read above and having smashed the screen of my beloved, I went to Fone Xchange on market square . He had it done in a few hours and a cracking job too!

No pun intended:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 worldandworld

Try Black White Technologies, Beside GreenMount Restaurant

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

4yr old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement