Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need inspiration please

Options
  • 20-08-2012 3:09pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Like many people we are now on a very tight budget, thing is I'm getting really bored now with eating the same / similar things all the time.

Anyone help out with any recipes / suggestions that don't need loads of obscure & expensive ingredients?

I will eat most things, hubby and son are a little more conservative:D

Usual meals are chicken curry, cottage pie, spag bol, pizza etc. I tend to buy chickens and either roast them to use or I take all the meat of it to use, minced beef and that's about it really.

I love cooking but since being on a budget I've really got into a rut and need some help to get out of it please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Have you looked at the cookery club section of this website, there are lots and lots of different recipes which might give you some inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

Chicken is versatile but I can see where it would get boring. Maybe casseroles would be a good change up, or chili with chicken and of course chicken enchiladas. Sometimes it's the "go withs" make a meal different. Method of prep changes things too. i think you have to really look at the weekly sales and make the cheapest foods that week the basis for your menus. That way you can add more variety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There are many threads already here with the info that you are looking for. In addition to the Cooking Club forum there is the Easy Peasy Recipes thread, the Here's What I had for Dinner thread. Try the forum search function for foods that you like.

Closed.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If it helps - you could take a look through these search results. There are quite a few relevant threads in there. ;)

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement