Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Revision Books/School Books

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Well! I'm repeating also and I only have 5 honours subjects and want a 6th.

I was thinking of taking Economics up since it's a shorter course than most and an honour can be achievable in a year. I would be teaching to myself as in the school it clashes with another subject I'm doing.
    Is it doable in a year by myself? Has anyone got any tips on how to go about it?

I'll prob go to Christmas/Easter revision courses for guidance but that's about all the professional help i'll get haha! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Silver_Tiger

jsmscork wrote: »
    Just to refer back to the original question, the best textbook by far is Positive Economics by EDCO. It's only out since April and is very exam orientated. Excellent book!

Thanks, I'll get that one too :D My house will be overflowing with Economics books :P

Millem wrote: »
    I always get Sunday business post and Irish Times. I am sure your teacher will give you any relevent articles. With regard to the radio rte radio 1! Keep an eye on the frontline in the tv as they debate the issues which can be good for those tricky parts of questions as you hear both sides! Ask your teacher for the mocks. I always order a few from both companies so I get the marking schemes but only your teacher can do this! If not I am sure the papers be posted up on boards. There is a revision day every year in easter in dcu which is worth going to that your teacher can book you on to it is so cheap like €20 and it is done through the business teachers association (Bstai). If your teacher goes to the Bstai AGM there is a meeting for economics teachers which is very useful as they will be given a big handout of all relevant recent newspaper articles which are very handy!

I've started getting them now and I've started listening to the radio! Thanks :) I'll ask the teacher about getting the mock papers...Fingers crossed :P Do you know if the revision course in DCU or IOE is better? Or should I go to both? :D Thank you Millem :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I always get Sunday business post and Irish Times. I am sure your teacher will give you any relevent articles. With regard to the radio rte radio 1! Keep an eye on the frontline in the tv as they debate the issues which can be good for those tricky parts of questions as you hear both sides! Ask your teacher for the mocks. I always order a few from both companies so I get the marking schemes but only your teacher can do this! If not I am sure the papers be posted up on boards. There is a revision day every year in easter in dcu which is worth going to that your teacher can book you on to it is so cheap like €20 and it is done through the business teachers association (Bstai). If your teacher goes to the Bstai AGM there is a meeting for economics teachers which is very useful as they will be given a big handout of all relevant recent newspaper articles which are very handy!

I've started getting them now and I've started listening to the radio! Thanks :) I'll ask the teacher about getting the mock papers...Fingers crossed :P Do you know if the revision course in DCU or IOE is better? Or should I go to both? :D Thank you Millem :cool:

IOE course is fantastic but pricey! DCU is basically a freebie! If you have the money go for the IOE not foxrock institute or whatever it is called these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

In March there will be a one day revision course given by the author of the folens rapid revision book. Its run by leaving cert lecture days - they have a website.

• Advertisement

IOE course is fantastic but pricey! DCU is basically a freebie! If you have the money go for the IOE not foxrock institute or whatever it is called these days!

I suppose I'll have to start being nice to my mom :D :P Thanks Millem
    mick kk wrote: »
    In March there will be a one day revision course given by the author of the folens rapid revision book. Its run by leaving cert lecture days - they have a website.

Thanks Mick kk, I'm going to look into that :)

Advertisement