Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Very unprepared for the Sean Kelly 50k!!!

Options
  • 20-08-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Right .... so I've signed up for the Sean Kelly 50k ride in Dungarvan this Sunday as I promised friends months ago that I would! The only problem is, I've gone from cycling 100 KM minimum a week when I lived in Dublin to zero KM a week since moving back to the shticks 3 months ago! I do however go for a 30min brisk walk every day and then jog 20mins 4 times a week on top of that...

Am I screwed on Sunday or is there ANYTHING I can do in 5 days to prepare?! 50k isn't THAT long ... is it?!! :rolleyes:

Any advice/tips more than welcome!

Thanks,
    Ruth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Hey ruth, i think you'll be fine with that fitness behind you. The SKT 50km is an easy cycle with no big hills on it. Just take it easy and enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ruth_wex

mel.b wrote: »
    Hey ruth, i think you'll be fine with that fitness behind you. The SKT 50km is an easy cycle with no big hills on it. Just take it easy and enjoy :)

Thanks Mel!! I was hoping someone would say that! Cheers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Hi Ruth,

Better still, for a 50km spin, the food stop at 25km is cracking with another one at 50km :D Also, means you are back there well before the really hungry bods on the 90km and 160km arrive back.

I will be bringing my young son and his cousin on the 50km also. Here's hoping for the same sunny day as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

I would say you should be fine, just enjoy the day and avoid the temptation to speed out of the traps with faster riders.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

ruth_wex wrote: »
    Right .... so I've signed up for the Sean Kelly 50k ride in Dungarvan this Sunday as I promised friends months ago that I would! The only problem is, I've gone from cycling 100 KM minimum a week when I lived in Dublin to zero KM a week since moving back to the shticks 3 months ago! I do however go for a 30min brisk walk every day and then jog 20mins 4 times a week on top of that...

Am I screwed on Sunday or is there ANYTHING I can do in 5 days to prepare?! 50k isn't THAT long ... is it?!! :rolleyes:

Any advice/tips more than welcome!

Thanks,
    Ruth

You sound too fit for the 50, you need to upgrade to the 100 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Inquitus wrote: »
    You sound too fit for the 50, you need to upgrade to the 100 :)

At least the 100...

Advertisement