Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan questions

Options
  • 20-08-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi Folks...

I applied for a loan over the weekend online. When I was thinking about it, I'd decided that I'd applied for too little (It's for a car.) and popped into my local branch today to talk about it.

Instead, the branch team told me to apply for a new loan and disregarded the online application.

I don't want two applications to be held against me. Is there anything that I can do?

Thanks,
    Intouch9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Intouch9,

When you do a loan application online it is not fully processed for a few days. When your online application is being processed, our online team will contact you at that time to make sure all details are correct and you can request an increased amount at that time.

Another option is to make a loan application through the branch and when our online team contact you, you can cancel one of them at that time.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

That's brilliant Linda - thanks a mil.

Can I also just add that I think it's fantastic for BOI to have a presence here on boards.ie, it's really commendable and even though you get slack from time to time, you do really great work.

Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Intouch9,

Thank you for your kind feedback, it's genuinely appreciated.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
    Tara

Advertisement