Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Oregon Chainsaw

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

looks like the blade is only the oregon part, as oregon are usually red,,, never used the engenes,, but oregon blades are very common because they are good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I have the florabest chainsaw from lidl..........and its actually made by husquevarna........and its brilliant.

check who makes this.......it'll be stamped somewhere on it......but I'd not worry, at €99 its a bargain, and the warranty is good.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I have the florabest chainsaw from lidl..........and its actually made by husquevarna........and its brilliant.

check who makes this.......it'll be stamped somewhere on it......but I'd not worry, at €99 its a bargain, and the warranty is good.........

+1 to that too.

Have the Florabest chainsaw and its the mutts nutts indeed.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

yes a lot of lidl brand items are actually made by top brands, there tv's used to be philips

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ymurtagh wrote: »
    yes a lot of lidl brand items are actually made by top brands, there tv's used to be philips

And cheap too....70 euro,DVD Player and Saorview too.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

churchview wrote: »
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23173.htm

Would anyone have any opinion on this saw? I know it's not going to be as good as a Stihl or Husqvarna but is it a complete lemon?

Thanks in advance!

+1 to the lemon vote. After 90 minutes of use the screw used to tension the chain by moving the bar stripped. The saw itself is also quite heavy. But my preference is for the more nimble top handle type saws, which may influence that thought.
    You can always return it under warranty, we just found it a waste of time (literally) seeing how a simple part failed so quickly after purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Thanks all for your advice.

I think I'm going to chance it. Even if I get 10 hours work out of it it won't be too bad.

Thank all again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Just keep the reciept and packaging to be sure. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kerryted

paddy147 wrote: »
    +1 to that too.

Have the Florabest chainsaw and its the mutts nutts indeed.:)

hi paddy have one of those as well great little saw just wondering what mix do you use ,oil to petrol , its over a year sense i mixed petrol for it i, i don't see the mix ratio on the manual for it. thanks paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

are five liters of petrol to one of those small cartons of chainsaw oil you get in most petrol stations

• Advertisement
Advertisement