Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening ulster bank acc in northern Ireland and living in the republic?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am starting a masters in queens university Belfast at the end of September. I am using ulster bank in the republic all my life. And I want to open an account in the north for when I begin my studys in September.

I have been googling and doing a lot of searching but some answers contradict others.

What I want to know is:
    Is it possible for me to open a UB acc in the north whislt living in the republic? ( I won't have an address technically as I will be living with a friend for the 2 nights I'll be in college)

Will there be any charges?

And what's the best way to go about it?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes it's possible. Call into a branch there. Ulster have a fee free basic current account in NI too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy11

Ah that's great news. I asked in my local branch today and she said she didn't know so I was kinda worried.

Can I do it over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

jimmy11 wrote: »
    Ah that's great news. I asked in my local branch today and she said she didn't know so I was kinda worried.

Can I do it over the phone?

There is an Ulster Bank branch at Queen's:

91/93 University Road
    BT7 1NG Belfast
    Tel: 028 9068 2121 (048 9068 2121 from Republic)
    Opening hours:
    Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri 9.30am - 4.30pm, Wed 10.00am - 4.30pm

Maybe give them a ring. They do have a student account.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy11

Oh that's great I never realised that.

Thanks for the information much appreciated

Cheers

Advertisement