Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OPlayer question?

• 20-08-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

My friend is going on a long haul flight this weekend and wants me to put sum films on his ipad 2 via drag/drop in itunes via oplayer.

Question is can I just hook it up to my itunes and drag the films over or will he lose all this content on his.

See he doesn't have it synced with any other laptop,he just buys straight from the itunes app on the ipad.

Just want to see can I save him a few bob instead of buying them from itunes

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

He'll loose everything on his unfortunately.

I'd suggest you installing ifunbox and using it to get as much of his content off as possible first, once everything is saved he could re-add it along with your movies. I'm not sure if an ipad that's never been used with itunes and hasn't been named etc will work with programs like Sharepod that let you access your content and take it off the ipad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

depends what way he has ipad synced to his computer. If he has the all the sync buttons checked then yes he will lose everything as it can only be synced with one library. Sync is the key word here. If he manages all music, apps, movies photos by drag and drop then you can put stuff from different libraries on to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bravadin

Oplayer has its own method for downloading files over a home network using samba. Here are the instructions for a windows pc on the oplayer support forum. I can only download one at a time but it works well enough.

http://www.edavs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3379&sid=0f38ab2f3fe0e9864924c0f9b611afd9
    Hope that might help.

Advertisement