Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Question "Trading as"?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 6:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭

Can someone help me with this.

E.G. John is a sole trader. John registers a business name "Seller21". John's new business is online retail.

My question is does this make sense - John is starting a new business "trading as" Seller21?

Why i am asking is because i am unsure if the trading name is the same as the business name as i heard that is not the case sometimes, can someone clear this up, do you trade as your business name, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

As a sole trader, your business name and trading name are one and the same. You can also operate as your actual name. You can also bank cheques, if you have a business account, in either your trading or actual name.

I think you may be confusing a company that may be trading as another named business......

Advertisement