Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im going into 6th year and want to know how much study i should do!

• 20-08-2012 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

hi there!
    going into 6th year and wondering about study! i want to do medicine so require high points! any info u have will be much appreciated. thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

That's a ridiculous question. :/

If you really want to pursue the career of your choice, you'll work hard to get there. Study as best as you can, which is a serious amount if the LC means anything to you. Don't forget to have a breather every so and so, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

its hardly a ridiculous question!!! i simply want to know how many hours would be suffice! is 3 hours too little etc. maybe for u it`s ridiculous but since i am asking the question, it`s not ridiculous for me! some manners please.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Woah, chillax lad. Was just saying. You should know yourself what you're capable of and whether you're slacking in your studies or not. Test yourself every month of the things you should know/ be learning and determine from those results whether you need to study more, etc. No need to get snippy over one's opinion, okay? We're all friends here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

maybe for u it`s ridiculous but since i am asking the question, it`s not ridiculous for me!
    How long is a piece of string?

There are so many factors, such as retention of knowledge, learning of the knowledge, understanding the knowledge (for maths, etc), and so forth.

I know of one person who didn't have to do much study as he had very good retention skills, but you could be different. How well did you do in 5th year, and how much study did you have to do to get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 goldensyrup

I did around 4 hours every day, but in saying that its not so much about the time you spend studying but the quality of the study you do. you should make sure to study some of each subject you do every week and give all subjects equal time, practise exam questions regularly and take the ocassional night off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Given you have to ask, more than you will. Now, prove me wrong

Vetton wrote: »
    Woah, chillax lad. Was just saying. You should know yourself what you're capable of and whether you're slacking in your studies or not. Test yourself every month of the things you should know/ be learning and determine from those results whether you need to study more, etc. No need to get snippy over one's opinion, okay? We're all friends here.
    sorry to be so snappy :) i know what you mean now. thanks for your advice! much appreciated! :D

the_syco wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string?

There are so many factors, such as retention of knowledge, learning of the knowledge, understanding the knowledge (for maths, etc), and so forth.

I know of one person who didn't have to do much study as he had very good retention skills, but you could be different. How well did you do in 5th year, and how much study did you have to do to get that?
    i did very well in 5th year in my summer tests i got 570 but i just winged it really. its subjects like irish and english that i find difficult as no matter how much i study, i can never retain the material! thanks for ur advice :D

Given you have to ask, more than you will. Now, prove me wrong
    sorry, i dont quite understand. :)

I did around 4 hours every day, but in saying that its not so much about the time you spend studying but the quality of the study you do. you should make sure to study some of each subject you do every week and give all subjects equal time, practise exam questions regularly and take the ocassional night off :)
    thank you very much! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement