Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last minute maternity job

• 20-08-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I've noticed that a maternity cover post was uploaded today and the deadline for application is tomorrow. The job starts on Friday. I've applied online, but I'm just wondering if this sounds like it might be already gone or if it's a genuine maternity post up for grabs?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hard to know. Could be that the teacher had the baby prematurely and was expecting to come back in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ian444

Hard to know. Could be that the teacher had the baby prematurely and was expecting to come back in September.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ian444 wrote: »

Thanks
    Or someone could have accepted the job earlier in summer and got offered a full year position in another school this week. I'd say its for real. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ian444

km79 wrote: »
    Or someone could have accepted the job earlier in summer and got offered a full year position in another school this week. I'd say its for real. Best of luck

Here's hoping. Getting fairly depressed at this stage. Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

Keep the faith, it will get better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ian444 wrote: »
    km79 wrote: »

Here's hoping. Getting fairly depressed at this stage. Thanks a million :)
    I should also add that my first ever post was a maternity leave from a school I had left my CV into randomly. Got a phone call on the Friday to see if I could start on the Monday due to a similar situation That I've suggested above

Advertisement