Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus: Should I stay or should I go?

• 20-08-2012 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

So I'm going into second year and really excited about Erasmus (I commute so I haven't had the experience of living on my own yet). However my family are concerned as I sleepwalk :o and would rather I didn't go. Thankfully this has improved dramatically over the years (doesn't happen as often). I've never done anything dangerous while sleepwalking, mainly just walking around and freaking out my family, but the concern remains that in a strange country I might go sleepwalking and not realise where I am and seriously hurt myself. So I'm wondering did anyone else have this issue and still manage to go on Erasmus without any difficulties? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Your reason for not going is due to a medical issue and I dont think that will get much responses here. I would discuss this with whoever organises Erasmus for your course and maybe even consider seeing a doctor so see if theres anything can be done to help(if you haven't done that already)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Go - the sleepwalking will only add to the craic you're gonna have wherever it is you end up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Your reason for not going is due to a medical issue and I dont think that will get much responses here. I would discuss this with whoever organises Erasmus for your course and maybe even consider seeing a doctor so see if theres anything can be done to help(if you haven't done that already)

I plan to, don't know if talking to the doctor will do anything, I don't think it's curable as such! :( Such a nuisance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Talk to a doctor to find out if it is curable. Don't live with uncertainty like that!

Definitely go on Erasmus too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dani Adelante

100% go. Sleepwalking is an issue, I guess, but not that big. Seriously, 99% of people who go on Erasmus would give their right arm to do it again. It's the best semester of the whole four years.
    Go. Take whatever precautions you need to regarding your sleepwalking. But try to go if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

just go,the craic will be unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

100% go. Sleepwalking is an issue, I guess, but not that big. Seriously, 99% of people who go on Erasmus would give their right arm to do it again. It's the best semester of the whole four years.
    Go. Take whatever precautions you need to regarding your sleepwalking. But try to go if you can.

Think I've made up my mind to go at this stage. All the people I've spoken to have said it amazing, so I'm finding very hard to not go because of the sleepwalking! :) It just seems too hard to say no!

Advertisement