Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulldog question

• 20-08-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

How do, we have a just over 1 year old British bulldog.

When playing with him (just general messing, running about the place) he can become "snappy"

Now, he never actually bites or even remotely attempting to bite, it seems to be his way of playing.

Is this something that should be trained out of him or is it normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Mine's the same, she's a boxer/collie X and very snappy, but as soon as she has teeth on whatever shes snapping at she just starts licking but it can come across quite bad!

so ya.....what he said!!!^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

its mouthing. at that age they're learning about their bite. thats why he'll lick you sometimes, he realises it was too hard.

best thing to do is little a little yelp when he does it and cross your arms and ignore him for a minute or too. he'll soon learn getting too bitey = no play time.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Popmart97

My bulldog is 9 months and he is doing exactly the same thing

Kids love him but he gets excited when they are around and Im always that bit concerned he'll "mouth" a bit too hard - I know he is only playing but still

Im sure he will grow out of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yeah I wouldn't trust him around kids by himself, he's stronger than he thinks.

Advertisement