Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlandish quote for sash windows in Ennis

Options
  • 20-08-2012 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi

I have, after several requests, received a quotefrom the Ennis office of a well-known nationwide window company. I want 3 up/down spring loaded PVC sashwindows for a 100 yr old + cottage. Afterrequesting the guy to come out 3 times he finally arrived. The rep wanted us to replace all windows/doorsin house and said he would do up a quote for same, which was so cheeky it waslaughable. We told him we only wanted2/3 windows and I got the impression he couldn’t be arsed dealing with us. Is this the norm for window companies withbranches nationwide? We were veryunimpressed. Finally, after severalrequests we got a quote for E4,665.18, which is very pricey, although I knowsash windows are expensive. I rang upthe Galway branch of same company, gave him the measurements and he gave me aquote for 1,400 less. I get theimpression the Ennis office gave a pricey quote just to get rid of us.

Hopefully we will get to have the Galway branchinstall the windows first though, as we are well impressed with the brand ofwindow having seen them in another house.

Does it have legal implications if I name thecompany here? I certainly plan on makinga complaint about the feckless attitude of the office Ennis.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thi is not a forum to rant on... dont name any company here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭heavydawson

Bernice101 wrote: »

Hi

I have, after several requests, received a quotefrom the Ennis office of a well-known nationwide window company. I want 3 up/down spring loaded PVC sashwindows for a 100 yr old + cottage. Afterrequesting the guy to come out 3 times he finally arrived. The rep wanted us to replace all windows/doorsin house and said he would do up a quote for same, which was so cheeky it waslaughable. We told him we only wanted2/3 windows and I got the impression he couldn’t be arsed dealing with us. Is this the norm for window companies withbranches nationwide? We were veryunimpressed. Finally, after severalrequests we got a quote for E4,665.18, which is very pricey, although I knowsash windows are expensive. I rang upthe Galway branch of same company, gave him the measurements and he gave me aquote for 1,400 less. I get theimpression the Ennis office gave a pricey quote just to get rid of us.

Hopefully we will get to have the Galway branchinstall the windows first though, as we are well impressed with the brand ofwindow having seen them in another house.

Does it have legal implications if I name thecompany here? I certainly plan on makinga complaint about the feckless attitude of the office Ennis.

Bernice, I can PM you the name of a man who supplies and installs Sliding Sash windows around the country. He's already installed windows in two friends new builds and is doing the same for us (26 sliding sash windows :-O)
    His prices are competitive, the windows are highly rated (I can provide links to their certification), and the man is an absolute pleasure to deal with.
    The only thing you should know is that they are uPVC. Let me know if you want the details. I'm actually an Ennis man myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

Hi

Bernice, I can PM you the name of a man who supplies and installs Sliding Sash windows around the country. He's already installed windows in two friends new builds and is doing the same for us (26 sliding sash windows :-O)
    His prices are competitive, the windows are highly rated (I can provide links to their certification), and the man is an absolute pleasure to deal with.
    The only thing you should know is that they are uPVC. Let me know if you want the details. I'm actually an Ennis man myself!

Would you mind pm'ing me too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Bernice101

That would be great Heavydawson, thanks

That would be great Heavydawson, thanks

Done

• Advertisement

Would you mind pm'ing me too please?

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mfm.2008

Can you send me the details too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

And to me too please!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I can never understand all these "me too please" requests for PMs. Send a PM to the man yourselves if you are interested.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement