Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Works in Macroom

Options
  • 20-08-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Whats the story with the Bord Gais works in Macroom - does it mean that we are getting gas to the houses and does anyone know the cost of installing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Yes, I had heard the figure €2,000 but can't say it was the most realiable source.

http://www.bordgais.ie/corporate/cat_press_release_detail.jsp?itemID=430&n=0&p=0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

From what I heard that gas line was introduced because the new manufacturing facility at Nutricia (I think that's what it's called) required it. At the time they were installing it Bord Gais said that if there was enough demand for it they would extend it to the residential areas of Macroom. I'd be interesting in hearing about residential costs too if anyone knows something more certain...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katy67

How long more are they going to be in macroom? The traffic is a nightmare:eek:
    There should have put diversions in places especially coming from killarney/macroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

katy67 wrote: »
    How long more are they going to be in macroom? The traffic is a nightmare:eek:
    There should have put diversions in places especially coming from killarney/macroom!

Why there is not I cannot understand .

Advertisement