Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS - Tenancy by Tenancy agreement?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering does anyone have any experience with the RAS Tenancy by Tenancy Agreement from a Landlords perspective - how does it work when a tennant is leaving? - does the council usually provide you with a new tennant quickly? How long could you be out of rent for? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

I always thought the rent was guaranteed, hence why its paid at a % below what the rent would normally be. Isnt the house rented for a set amount of time? 4, 7 or 10yrs???
    I could stand corrected, but whatever the landlord signed with the council, that contract should have the information on it.

http://www.dublincity.ie/Housing/RAS/pages/information%20for%20landlords.aspx

take a quick look at this and it might answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

MariMel wrote: »
    I always thought the rent was guaranteed, hence why its paid at a % below what the rent would normally be. Isnt the house rented for a set amount of time? 4, 7 or 10yrs???
    I could stand corrected, but whatever the landlord signed with the council, that contract should have the information on it.

http://www.dublincity.ie/Housing/RAS/pages/information%20for%20landlords.aspx

take a quick look at this and it might answer your question.

Thank you very much for this. The thing is we had the above agreement for 5 years which has run out and now our only option is the tenancy to tenancy agreement which states that the contract ends when the tenant moves out. So I was wondering how quickly you usually get a new tenant if this happens. Our tenant hasnt moved out but I wanted to be prepared.

Advertisement