Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hear Explosion/gunshot type noises in Dundalk last night

Options
  • 20-08-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, did anyone else hear loud explosion or gunshot type noises last night. It may have been around 5am. And there was a very unusual smell in the air for a while afterwards.

Comments

Can hear non-stop banging around Rathmullen in Drogheda at the moment. Just scummers and their earlier than usual halloween antics it'd seem, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Any updates on what this was or may have been?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Its not one of those really annoying things that bang every so often that farmers and the like use to scare birds and other animals away from crops or veggie patches?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Its not one of those really annoying things that bang every so often that farmers and the like use to scare birds and other animals away from crops or veggie patches?
    They're restricted on hours of use AFAIK. I could be talking rubbish tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭alfman

Last week's Argus said a car went on fire and exploded in Mulholland Avenue during the night. It was probably that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

MugMugs wrote: »
    They're restricted on hours of use AFAIK. I could be talking rubbish tho.

Am sure they are supposed to be restricted but...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Speranza10

Thanks for the replies. I'd say it was the car exploding on Mulholland Ave.

Advertisement