Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking permits

Options
  • 20-08-2012 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

anyone know how much a street parking permit is in rathgar?

many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

anyone know how much a street parking permit is in rathgar?

many thanks.

From DCC :
    €400 for 1 year or €750 for 2 years if your building contains more than 4 housing units, has off-road parking
    available to it and is located in a low demand zone (includes converted houses and apartment blocks).

€400 for 1 year or €750 for 2 years if your building is a converted house, contains more than 4 housing units,
    has off-road parking available to it and is located in a heavy demand zone (see condition 11).

€40 for 1 year and €70 for 2 years for all other first-time applicants.
    1. You must submit current (i.e. dated within the last 3 months) proof of residency showing your name
    and address i.e. Bord Gáis, Eircom telephone, ESB or NTL bill; Bank, credit card or credit union
    statement; fully completed lease agreement or rent book; Phonewatch bill or Television Licence, but only dated in
    the last 3 months. Non-domestic bills and mobile phone bills are not accepted by the City Council.

2. You must also submit a copy of the current Insurance Certificate with your name, address and vehicle registration number. The address on the Insurance Certificate must correspond with your address at 4 overleaf. (An Insurance Certificate without the corresponding address will not be accepted).

If you are an employee with (i) a company car or (ii) a private car insured by the company, you must supply a copy of the Vehicle Licensing Certificate, a copy of the company insurance certificate and a letter from the company stating that you are employed by them, your address, the vehicle registration number and that either (i) you have habitual use of the company vehicle or (ii) that your private car is insured by the company, as appropriate.

Please note the following will not be accepted by the City Council: Temporary Insurance Certificates; International motor insurance cards (“green cards”); insurance discs; insurance schedules; insurance renewal notices or receipts and letters in lieu of the Insurance Certificate.

3. You must also submit a copy of your current driving licence.

4. Change of Address: in addition to conditions 1 to 3, for a change of address, you must also return your existing
    resident’s parking permit. If you are eligible, the unexpired period on your existing permit will be transferred to your
    new address. On renewal of the permit, however, the appropriate fee category for the new address will then
    apply. (This may involve a higher or lower fee depending on the status of the road, the building type and if off-road
    parking is available to it). A replacement fee of €10 applies if your current permit is not now returned.

5. Eligible vehicle means (a) a passenger vehicle with passenger accommodation for not more than twelve persons excluding the driver and not drawing a trailer or other vehicle and (b) a goods vehicle whose unladen weight does not exceed 3 tonnes and not drawing a trailer or other vehicle.

6. Each eligible applicant is entitled to a maximum of 1 resident’s permit.

7. Where the building is used as a single housing unit, the maximum entitlement is 4 residents’ permits per building in a low demand zone and 3 residents’ permits per building in a heavy demand zone.

8. Where the building is divided into 2, 3 or 4 housing units whether located in a low or heavy demand zone, the maximum entitlement is 1 resident’s permit per unit.

9. Where the building contains more than 4 housing units and is located in a low demand zone, the maximum entitlement is 1 resident’s permit per unit (includes converted houses and apartment blocks).

10. Residents of apartment blocks containing more than 4 housing units located in a heavy demand zone are not eligible for residents’ permits.

11. Where a converted house contains more than 4 housing units and is located in a heavy demand zone, the overall entitlement for that building is 4 residents’ permits, or the permit quota (if applicable) if greater, subject to 1 resident’s permit per housing unit.

12. Permit quota means the total number of residents’ parking permits held on 31st March, 2004, by residents of a converted house of more than 4 housing units.

13. If a parking permit originally issued under the Dublin City Council Parking Control Bye-Laws is not renewed within 28 days of the expiry date, a subsequent request for renewal will be dealt with as a new application and thereby affecting eligibility if quota applies.

14. Fees: €400 for 1 year or €750 for 2 years if your building contains more than 4 housing units, has off-road parking
    available to it and is located in a low demand zone (includes converted houses and apartment blocks).

€400 for 1 year or €750 for 2 years if your building is a converted house, contains more than 4 housing units,
    has off-road parking available to it and is located in a heavy demand zone (see condition 11).

€40 for 1 year and €70 for 2 years for all other first-time applicants.

15. Businesses, employees and non-resident landlords are not eligible for residents’ permits.

16. A resident’s permit is only valid for the vehicle and the permit parking street/s indicated on the permit. If you move from this address or if you dispose of your vehicle, your resident’s permit is no longer valid and must be returned to this office immediately.

17. Whilst the City Council issues renewal notices to all permit holders, the responsibility for the renewal of each resident’s permit rests solely with the permit holder.

18. The City Council will cancel and withdraw or refuse to renew any resident’s parking permit where it establishes that the permit holder has obtained the permit by supplying inaccurate information or documentation.

19. Possession of a resident’s parking permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space at all times on the permit parking road/s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bill buchanan

Thanks very much for that. It's very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just got a parking permit in Rathgar myself a few weeks ago and it cost €50 for one year. I'd advise going into to the Wood Quay offices with all your documentation. Speeds the process up a bit and if there are any complications you can talk it out with them there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bill buchanan

Just got a parking permit in Rathgar myself a few weeks ago and it cost €50 for one year. I'd advise going into to the Wood Quay offices with all your documentation. Speeds the process up a bit and if there are any complications you can talk it out with them there and then.

I haven't even got the flat yet. I was just looking into renting one. Going to view it in a few days and wanted to add in the cost of a permit into the equation. I've got a work car and a car for personal use, but there's only one space in the flat, so I'd need a permit.

Many thanks for your help :)

Advertisement