Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E mail from CAO

• 20-08-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

When everyone accepted their course did you get an email to confirm such?

I accepted my course but I got no email of confirmation whereas a lot of my friends received one instantly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

When everyone accepted their course did you get an email to confirm such?

I accepted my course but I got no email of confirmation whereas a lot of my friends received one instantly.

You must have accidentally clicked decline. Maybe call them up and see if you can change. Its unlikely though. You will have to wait until next year.

Nah only joking. Just log onto your CAO and make sure it's accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's normal, certainly, if you supplied them with an email address ... did you?

I remember a few people in a panic last year because they didn't receive confirmation by email only to realise that the CAO didn't have one listed to send anything to!

If you did, is it the correct one?

Also check your spam filter.

In any case, you should be able to log in and check the status of your application online. If it shows that you have accepted your place, the fact that the email may have gone astray is not really a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

Yeah, I gave them an email and I have gotten emails from them before.

Yeah I got the page where it says

"Your acceptance of LM088 has been updated accordingly.

The offering institution will send you material about registration.
    Any further enquiry about the course or registration should be
    addressed to the Admissions Office of the institution - not to CAO."

Then I wouldn't worry, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

Some of us mature students had this problem last month, there's a thread on here discussing it.
    I along with some other people here never received any confirmation e-mail, although I received other e-mails from CAO so they do have my e-mail address.
    I think its just a bug on their end because we all received written confirmation in the post a short time later, so I wouldn't worry about it. :)

• Advertisement

... although I received other e-mails from CAO so they do have my e-mail address.
    I think its just a bug on their end because we all received written confirmation in the post a short time later, so I wouldn't worry about it. :)
    It could be, in fairness.

If I were to guess, though, I would suspect the problem might be somewhere in between.

Many mail servers treat as suspicious emails to large groups, or large volumes of emails suddenly emanating from the same domain in a short period of time (as these are often signs of spam etc.)

Gmail's filters for example, I have found to be very good at differentiating spam from looks-like-spam-but-isn't; I won't be as specific about the email providers that I have found to be a pain in the ass in this regard! :pac:

Advertisement