Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thread titles from the past - what would AH document?

• 20-08-2012 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

As the title says. How would have AH have documented the past if the internet existed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

eh?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I have read this a few times & I still can't make sense of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

What,The.f.uck.Are.You.Talking.About.?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    As the title says.

You're gonna have to expand on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

As the title says. How would have AH have documented the past if the internet existed?

Badly....

.... Judging by this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Is it a RIP JFk Kinda thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Same as it does now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I think you're going to have to give a few examples, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Sorry, I made a mistake when posting the thread title but have since made it clearer. Hopefully :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

AH titles tend to be fairly descriptive and to-the-point. Not exactly laugh riot stuff.

Man lands on the moon.

Kennedy shot!

Stalin dead CONDOLENCE THREAD ONLY READ MOD NOTE POST 1 BEFORE POSTING!

That sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Was the moon landing faked?

Do you think Nasa really landed on the moon or was it just in a TV studio?
    I watched it on a massive 14" screen with 50 shades of grey.

Sorry, I made a mistake when posting the thread title but have since made it clearer. Hopefully :o
    No you didn't, I did. I deleted your duplicate thread and replaced the title of this thread with the title of that one.

I hope that makes everything clearer for everyone that is struggling to work out what this thread is actually about.

Oh, and my answer to the question in the OP: Zanussi washing machines.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I think you're going to have to give a few examples, OP.
    -1111 bc - man discovers fire : end of the world is inevitable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I think I get what you mean:

Henry VIII on his third wife..
    He goes through them alright.
    How many of AH'rs have had a wife beheaded? Poll included.

"Ghengis Khan on the move again!"
    Discuss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

"Holy Moly some Dinosaurs just died"..

...although, a T Rex would be typing it with it's tail so would turn out like this:

"Hkjmsd;.sdc. some jhhayghjkmf kjklk;ks skmf.cs.cxs;,clsdkm"

How's your potatoe crop doing?

No you didn't, I did. I deleted your duplicate thread and replaced the title of this thread with the title of that one.

I hope that makes everything clearer for everyone that is struggling to work out what this thread is actually about.

Oh, and my answer to the question in the OP: Zanussi washing machines.
    In fairness the original post I made by mistake made no sense whatsoever. If the one I replaced it with makes even less sense then I apologise. I just thought it would be fun to post what AH'ers would have thought of history throughout the times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Is patrick really coming to Ireland ?

(he wasn't a saint then)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

"Any of you got The Plague yet?"

In fairness the original post I made by mistake made no sense whatsoever. If the one I replaced it with makes even less sense then I apologise. I just thought it would be fun to post what AH'ers would have had of history througout the times!
    In fairness the original post I made by mistake made no sense whatsoever. If the one I replaced it with makes even less sense then I apologise. I just thought it would be fun to post what AH'ers would have made of history throughout the times!
    You haven't quite got the hang of this, have you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Not really, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

You haven't quite got the hang of this, have you?

Cant you leave him alone, he probably has the consumpton :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The Emancipation Proclamation: "Liberal Do-Gooders in America at it again :rolleyes:."

Any time pre-1921: "Are the British really that bad?" *cue multi-page bitter discussion*

1930s - 1945: "Is Hitler really that bad?" *repeat*

Vietnam War: *similar unending argument, but also with:* "Vietnam: Best Soundtrack to a War Ever? (poll added)"

Any time period: "Whatever happened to real men?" OP: "It seems/seemeth to me like men all wear skinny jeans/elaborate wigs/fancy suits/long hair/make up/tights/figure-hugging sabre-tooth tiger pelts..."

"People's obsession with celebrities like Charles Dickens or William Shakespeare"
    OP: "FFS, wat do they do just write a few words den deyre paid loads? I cud do that. That Dickens doesnt even write whole books, just puts bits of them in the paper every month. FFS." or
    "FFSeth" I cant believeth that so many people doth go crazy over yon man Shakespeare like. hes just a talentless hack, all his plots are rip-offs of old stories and their full of unnecessary violence. Lo, doth his popularity proveth that u'll never go wrong appealing to the lowest common denominator, an that our culture is so much more dumbed down? Gimme the likes of Sackville any day: he didnt need loads of sex and violence to get ppl to go to a play."

The Moon Landing: "The Moon: what's the bloody point?"

The Mother and Child Scheme, 1950: "Unbelievable!! Govt Wants YOU to pay for single mothers and their children!!"
    OP: "this is really pc gone mad! so apparently the government wants us taxpayers money to pay for some bints who cant keep their legs open!? sorry luv but you shouldve thought of that before u opened the garden gate to fancy johnny woodbines after the pictures :rolleyes:.
    Good on McQuaid, hes the only one in this country of lefty liberal atheists who isnt afraid to tell it like it is."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

1990: "Where can I get some contraceptive?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Im sorry - but Im still lost, regardless of the changes in titles or whatever. Think am gonna have to sit this one out.

:rolleyes:

girl2 wrote: »
    Im sorry - but Im still lost, regardless of the changes in titles or whatever. Think am gonna have to sit this one out.

:rolleyes:

It's all about the money,money,money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Richard the Lionheart - gay or misunderstood?

Has anyone managed not to declare everything to those Domesday assessors? Once the cart pulls up outside your house, you're fucked.

Those bloody Tudors wrecking the country. Can't wait till we get rid of the monarchy and can elect some honest politicians!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Anyone elses limbs falling off lately? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Poll: Genghis - Khan he conquer the known world?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

1001 recipes for dandelions

How to make a cup of grain last 2 weeks

Anyone know What's going on at the GPO?
    (First reply would be 'Dublin forum' obv)

women given the vote! MOD NOTE POST 256

Iceberg? more like alien transport vessel! Wake up sheeple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

France has fallen, anyone know a good Germen teacher?
    The Wheel, a fad or a good idea?
    Anyone seen this Jesus guy live, I hear he has some good stories.

Advertisement