Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

TMC Costin;

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Slevin7

In Co Kerry, that particular example was based on Vauxhall/Opel running gear I think.

Any chance you could get a few pictures of it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sbirney93

Does anyone know where the TMC Costin spotted in Kerry is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 finianr123

Bigus wrote: »
    He didn't make them but a factory in Wexford did to his spec.

The car was designed by Frank Costin and built in Wexford by the Thompson brothers, Peter, Sean and Val.
    The Thompsons were related to Professor Seamus Timoney who designed and built the Timoney Armoured Personnel Carriers and Fire Engines in Adtec Teo, Gibbstown, Co. Meath.
    The Thompsons and Frank Costin all worked for Timoney for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Yep - Castlebridge, Co. Wexford. Saw one of their own ones last year - was getting some bodywork done on a car and theirs was in for a respray. Man, they're bare bones cars but I'd still love to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Here's a pic I took in Mondello

540958.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭TigerTim

And this one

540960.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Mad looking things in race trim. I remember them as an iconic niche car - Stephen Roche on the Late Late Show promoting them - but when I see all the other Lotus 6 kit cars now, there are prettier. And I'd still love one.

Advertisement