Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying in Lyre

Options
  • 20-08-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of buying a house in Lyre village, near Banteer. Anyone living there? I'm originally from near there, but just looking for any opinions on the housing estate there, Ard an nGleann. Is it safe? Nice place to live in? Friendly or troublesome people? Any info much appreciated.
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

A lovely place to live. Absolutely no trouble there because most of the locals shoot. Only downside is it can be difficult to get in and out of in winter during snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

A lovely place to live. Absolutely no trouble there because most of the locals shoot. Only downside is it can be difficult to get in and out of in winter during snow.

+1 on this there is no riff raff there. I only live down the road actually, the guy that built the houses lives in Lyre too and he is sound too.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

-Corkie- wrote: »

+1 on this there is no riff raff there. I only live down the road actually, the guy that built the houses lives in Lyre too and he is sound too.

That's great, thanks! I'm originally from about ten miles away from there, but wasn't sure if the housing estate had changed what the area used to be like, and what class of people were living in there. My brother had a terrible experience with an estate in Kanturk a few years ago so I just wanted to be sure lyre estate was as good as what I had heard!

Thanks again

That's great, thanks! I'm originally from about ten miles away from there, but wasn't sure if the housing estate had changed what the area used to be like, and what class of people were living in there. My brother had a terrible experience with an estate in Kanturk a few years ago so I just wanted to be sure lyre estate was as good as what I had heard!

Thanks again

Highfield cresent???. I lived there when it was built and it was grand then but I heard there is a lot of unsavoury characters there now. The one in Rathcoole is as bad..

Thanks again

Highfield cresent???. I lived there when it was built and it was grand then but I heard there is a lot of unsavoury characters there now. The one in Rathcoole is as bad..

Ya highfield crescent, he was living there when it was first built and it was fine but then it started filling up with riff raff and local wasters. Pity.
    Heard rathcoole was gone rough alright, very hard to get a nice quiet country estate now from what I found when I was researching into buying

• Advertisement

Ya highfield crescent, he was living there when it was first built and it was fine but then it started filling up with riff raff and local wasters. Pity.
    Heard rathcoole was gone rough alright, very hard to get a nice quiet country estate now from what I found when I was researching into buying

Maybe we were neighbours so... A lot of estates are that way unfortunatley. I think the nicest estate I have ever been in is Castle park in Mallow..

Maybe we were neighbours so... A lot of estates are that way unfortunatley. I think the nicest estate I have ever been in is Castle park in Mallow..

Glad to hear that lyre isn't one of them. Ya castle park is nice, nicest in mallow is willow bank in my opinion.

Advertisement