Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack White - The o2 - 31st Oct

Options
  • 20-08-2012 10:36pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Jack White
    Jack is happy to announce new UK & Ireland tour dates this Fall. A limited number of pre-sale tickets will be available to members of the Vault (http://thirdmanrecords.com/vault) 8 am local time on Wednesday, August 22nd. Tickets go on sale to the public on Friday, August 24th at 9 am local time.

October 31: O2 Dublin Arena in Dublin, Ireland
    November 2: Alexandra Palace in London, England
    November 4: Bridlington Spa Theatre and Royal Hall in Bridlington, England
    November 6: Blackpool Empress Ballroom Arena in Blackpool, England
    November 7: Birmingham O2 Academy in Birmingham, England
    November 8: Usher Hall in Edinburgh, Scotland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Any idea on ticket prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

no mention of pricing yet on vault pages.

Ticket for Lyon cost me 37 euro so expect around same price plus fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

39.50 for tickets, cannot wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will this sell fast? Not missing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Should be a great gig.

Anybody that could help me out with a code for the presale which starts tomorrow?

• Advertisement

villa2008 wrote: »
    Should be a great gig.

Anybody that could help me out with a code for the presale which starts tomorrow?

It should be a link directly through the members only 'Vault' area. Sometimes this is restricted and sometimes it isnt.

If i get chance to update, (after ive got mine) :), i will.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gombean

It should be a link directly through the members only 'Vault' area. Sometimes this is restricted and sometimes it isnt.

If i get chance to update, (after ive got mine) :), i will.

It looks as though you have to be a Premium or Platinum member of the only 'Vault' website to access the presale.

I'd rather not spend $21 (minimum) to join just to guarantee a chance of getting tickets.

Friday morning seems to be a better option.

gombean wrote: »
    It looks as though you have to be a Premium or Platinum member of the only 'Vault' website to access the presale.

I'd rather not spend $21 (minimum) to join just to guarantee a chance of getting tickets.

Friday morning seems to be a better option.

The Vault pre-sale starts tomorrow, but the ticketmaster site also lists a presale to begin Thursday morning as follows:

O2 DUBLIN
    Start: Thu 23/08/12, 09:00
    End: Fri 24/08/12, 08:00

So I guess there is also an 02 presale where people with 02 phone service can get a code for the Thursday presale??

yep. Vault presale is inside the Vault so cant link.

got mine..happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

You've got to be a premium member for the presale, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Looking forward to this but a real shame its in the O2. ****ing awful venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

The Nal wrote: »
    Looking forward to this but a real shame its in the O2. ****ing awful venue.
    O2 is a fabulous venue when you get the correct stage set up! Seen Tom Petty and Kasabian the last 2 times and both had a excellent set up and great crowd. Both gigs were top notch could have no complaints everything was excellent from the lights set up to the sound

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Joekers wrote: »
    O2 is a fabulous venue when you get the correct stage set up! Seen Tom Petty and Kasabian the last 2 times and both had a excellent set up and great crowd. Both gigs were top notch could have no complaints everything was excellent from the lights set up to the sound

I don't agree. Its like the back of a B&Q. Sound is too quiet, theres no real centre, the stage is all over the place too.

Ive seen Dylan, Neil Young, McCartney, Prodigy, AC/DC, Kiss, Rage Against the Machine and a few others there and it just sounds too nice and clean. The place has no character whatsoever. Its like a flat pack venue. Could be anywhere. the only worse venue in Dublin is The Village.

The only gig that stood out was Guns n Roses and that was only because Axl went mental after being bottled by a crowd of idiots so it became memorable after that due to the late finish and general chaos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Anyone with an O2 presale code please do feel free to PM it to me. :)

Yeah, anyone with an O2 presale code please PM me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

is this likely to sell out fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Me too with the O2 presale code please!!

To last poster, no it wont sell out immediately or even close to showtime IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

all jokes aside, capacity of o2 is 14,500, this can't sell out for a while

right?!

Were the white stripes that big in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Just got some tickets for this, should be a great show, recent sets are a mix of everything he has done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Anyone else dressing up? The day that's in it and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Dressing up as what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭The Union Forever

Can't actually wait. Bound to be an exceptional show.

Anyone dressing up? :D

My mate just rang to let me know he has a ticket for me!

We're thinking there'll be a few people dressed up as The White Stripes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭The Union Forever

Yeah it'll be good to see if anyone dresses up

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

I have not been to the O2 since the Point. SO given The Gates ARE at 6.30. What time do you reckon support will be on stage and then Jack WHite?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

chopser wrote: »
    I have not been to the O2 since the Point. SO given The Gates ARE at 6.30. What time do you reckon support will be on stage and then Jack WHite?

http://musicscene.ie/2012/10/stage-times-revealed-for-jack-white-live-at-the-o2-dublin-on-october-31st-2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

This show was amazing,got front centre!! Jack White is unbelievable and Willy Moon was a great act.:D My friend is a huge fan and couldn't stop crying after it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭maldini

he was pretty damn good.. just a torrent of tunes one after the other.
    Willy moon was good too.. he talks some crap though :D but his guitarist.. whoa!!! nice catsuit!! :D

Jack and his band were great. Missed the support act.

The crowd were a bit meh in all honesty. Myself and my mate were dancing, no-one else around us was. There was one really snotty girl beside , who was all of 5'6" giving out to anyone who stood in front of her as she was small and couldn't see.

Move up the front or to the side in that case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Was chuffed when he played Carolina Drama :D Fantastic show.

Advertisement