Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanch / Tallaght IT

Options
  • 20-08-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi People,

I hope everyone got what they applied for!! I had a very very long wait until 5.30am this morning!! I didn't get the courses I wanted as a mature student however I also applied through my LC points from 15 years ago.....

I got my second choice - Blanchardstown - Level 8 Honours Degree - Computing.

I got my third choice - Tallaght - Level 6/7 Ordinary Degree - Computing

My top choice was Tallaght Level 8 Honours degree - Computing - Didn't get it!

Im torn now. I don't know what course to pick. I live in Celbridge so both are close to me.

I heard Blanch offer a free cisco course as part of the curriculum. I also heard this course is more hands on - don't know how true this is. However i don't like how you have to pay for parking.

Tallaght however as I grew up there Im sure ill know someone on the course....

TORN!!! Huge decision to make by next Monday!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

DeXtER1978 wrote: »
    I got my second choice - Blanchardstown - Level 8 Honours Degree - Computing.

I got my third choice - Tallaght - Level 6/7 Ordinary Degree - Computing

My top choice was Tallaght Level 8 Honours degree - Computing - Didn't get it!

Im torn now. I don't know what course to pick. I live in Celbridge so both are close to me.

If you choose the Level 6/7 Ordinary Degree, you will be able to transfer to the Level 8 once completed, assuming your grades are of a certain level.
    DeXtER1978 wrote: »
    I heard Blanch offer a free cisco course as part of the curriculum. I also heard this course is more hands on - don't know how true this is. However i don't like how you have to pay for parking.

I believe this is still the case - it might be worth checking on the ITB forum, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You can do the Level 6/7 in Tallaght and then go on to do a level 8

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeXtER1978

Thanks guys!!

Advertisement