Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preparing soil for grass

Options
  • 20-08-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

Hey all, couple of questions for you!

I currently have a few areas in my garden that I want to put roll out grass onit.i have some areas that are covered in stones on weed guard membrane and also have one area that is currently a raised flower / weed bed.

On the gravel areas I want to remove the stones, prepare the soil and lay roll out grass.At the raised flower bed I want to remove the raised soil and again lay roll out grass so that it is level with the rest of the lawn.

Can anyone tell me how to go abut this? Do I simply remove what's there and roll out grass? Should I mix in compost or similar to the soil?

Also I am looking for some dense evergreen hedging that I can maintain at about 6' for privacy if anyone has suggestions.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

i had a similar problem wit my garden...put down roll out grass and it was crap...better off getting a ton of topsoil (60euro) and planting new grass..saves a lot of hassle...the roll out wont grow if it cant root in soil

Advertisement