Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limit to cash advances?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I've got a Visa card with Ulster Bank. Have excess credit to the tune of about 350 euro on it that I need to get access to in cash form.

I've tried taking it out from the ATM, which is not ideal I know because of the cash advance charge, but it's about my only option.

I tried to take this all out a few days back, but was only able to take out 100 euro. After that it was telling me the process was temporarily unavailable. Fair enough, so I went back the next day and withdrew another 100 euro.

But tried again today and wasn't able to take out anything, even though I'm still in credit. It's saying that the process is temporarily unavailable.

So my question is - is there a limit to how much can be withdrawn as a cash advance per month, even though I'm in the green on the card? If I go into the bank, will they let me take it out?

Looked on their website but they don't mention a limit anywhere, just give the charges.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Probably a glitch given their recent problems?

Contact you branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Cheers, I'd thought that may be the case. Very strange, because the card is still functional for payments - like I can go into Tesco and pay with the card but not take out cash from the ATM!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

I've actually managed to solve the issue. I read through some UB paperwork and they do set a cash advance limit! Will have to figure out another way of getting access to the funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

My dear god, it's nothing to do with the glitch.

As op found it. Op also remember that there is an overall upper limit to the amount you can take it. This is a % of your overall limit, hence you can never take out your entire limit via the ATM.

Advertisement