Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers thread

Options
  • 20-08-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Anyone accept the cao and heading to Lit this year? What courses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

I got pharmaceutical and forensic analysis can't wait to start :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Congrats! have a lot of friends who have done that course! It can be tough but very interesting if you put in the work!
    Doing Internet Systems Development myself, already done 4 years in LIT so its nothing too new for me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

I'll be heading there for the Business with Event Management course :)

Always seem to be a good fun bunch in that course! Hope ye enjoy freshers week, and I recommend if you have interest in outdoor sports or just want to get in a society with a great bunch of people, I recommend the Outdoor Club in LIT, It is one of the best societies involving a few surfing,kayaking, cok, climbing etc excursions throughout the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

ELJeff wrote: »
    Always seem to be a good fun bunch in that course! Hope ye enjoy freshers week, and I recommend if you have interest in outdoor sports or just want to get in a society with a great bunch of people, I recommend the Outdoor Club in LIT, It is one of the best societies involving a few surfing,kayaking, cok, climbing etc excursions throughout the year!

I know someone heading into year 2 of Business with Event Management and loves it, I done a PLC last year which involved Event Management and loved it. Thanks for the tip re: the outdoor society. I'm looking forward to seeing the DJ society

• Advertisement

I know someone heading into year 2 of Business with Event Management and loves it, I done a PLC last year which involved Event Management and loved it. Thanks for the tip re: the outdoor society. I'm looking forward to seeing the DJ society

Ya, all the societies Will set up along the main street during induction week!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Property valuation & management for myself hope i enjoy it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Business and Tourism management :)

Anyone have any queations about the college, I can try answer as best my knowledge! Many of ye moving out?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mavis93

Anyone have any queations about the college, I can try answer as best my knowledge! Many of ye moving out?

I'm debating as to whether I should do music technology in UL or LIT.. do you know of anyone doing the course in LIT? How do they find it?

• Advertisement

I'm debating as to whether I should do music technology in UL or LIT.. do you know of anyone doing the course in LIT? How do they find it?

One of my friends just did first year there last year. He seemed to like it, never heard him complain about it. Same guy always seems happy though! I'll see if i can hold of him and ask him for you!

One of my friends just did first year there last year. He seemed to like it, never heard him complain about it. Same guy always seems happy though! I'll see if i can hold of him and ask him for you!
    That'd be great, thanks! I want to go to UL but I have a feeling I'm gonna struggle with the course.. decisions :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I'm doing applied biology. I'm a mature student. Can't wait to start

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mavis93 wrote: »

Read this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055950363

I have a fairly in depth review of the course.

lezizi wrote: »
    Applied biology was the course I.originally did in lit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Applied biology was the course I.originally did in lit!

How did you find it. I was also offerred forensics, but went with applied biology. Looking forward to starting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mckenzie bot

im doing applied social studies in social care did a fetac course last year when do you think we'll get a registration packs

im doing applied social studies in social care did a fetac course last year when do you think we'll get a registration packs

I emailed lit asking them when we would get the registration packs no reply yet hate the waiting around ha

i know induction week is the 10th to the 14th so we should definatley get them before this time anyway

• Advertisement

How did you find it. I was also offerred forensics, but went with applied biology. Looking forward to starting now.

First year is very generalized science, pretty straight forward stuff.
    Second year really breaks into the tougher biology side, but if you do the work and study as you go along its straightforward learning with very good notes and handouts from lecturers
    i know induction week is the 10th to the 14th so we should definatley get them before this time anyway

I think its normally within a week to 10 days after acceptance, so I'd imagine wednesday of next week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

My mate did a fetac in ccl in limerick in social care and got into social care in lit you might meet him haha

just got a welcome to LIT postcard in the post its says details on online registration will be posted to all 1st years did anyone else get this

My post doesnt come till after 2! really annoying when you're waiting on stuff! Still haven't got my cao form from monday, thank god for online acceptance :P

Didnt know we could register online? This only been done this year?

DollyD wrote: »
    Didn't know we could register online? This only been done this year?
    Ya, that's the first I've heard of it too, although its also the first year that 2nd, 3rd and 4th years could register for the year online too!
    Al tough registration days are still scheduled in the year calender so I presume they want to do this to try and relieve some of the pressure on the staff doing the registration in college. I've worked in the college for the last three years while registration is on, and cues for it are quite mad I must admit!

their probabley doing it because its a faster system and less troublesome than the postal way which can take forever to get to a person ELJeff on registration days how are they done are we spilt into class or name and queue up im confused over this

their probabley doing it because its a faster system and less troublesome than the postal way which can take forever to get to a person ELJeff on registration days how are they done are we spilt into class or name and queue up im confused over this

Well last year I think each registration day was for a diff department!
    As everyone lined up together going into the pc centre you registered at one of the desks and got ur pic taken for ur id, then there was a table with all the preliminary timetables for the first week

Hopefully it means we won't be in that massive que for Ages on registration day! I tink it's a great idea

• Advertisement

thanks for that eljeff just looked on the website and it says that business and humanties are being regisisterd on the 11th while built enviroment is on the 12th i know theirs a lot for my course i think 140/120 something around that point so i thinks it going to be a long day registrating for me

Advertisement