If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 Speaker set

Options
  • 20-08-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I am looking to get new speakers for my current setup. I want to go the way of separates.

What I would like is 2 floorstanders for the front, a centre and 2 rears and a sub all in black.

What have you got there that would do the job, ex display would be fine

my budget is 400-500 euro

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ne wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I am looking to get new speakers for my current setup. I want to go the way of separates.

What I would like is 2 floorstanders for the front, a centre and 2 rears and a sub all in black.

What have you got there that would do the job, ex display would be fine

my budget is 400-500 euro

Thanks

Ne,

thanks a million for the opportunity to quote!

How about a deal on some of the Cambridge Audio S series?

This is what I'm thinking:

Cambridge Audio S70 Floorstanders - £199.95
    showimage.php?image=304935.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Cambridge Audio S30 Rear speakers - £129.95
    showimage.php?image=303476.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Cambridge Audio S80 Subwoofer - £119.95
    showimage.php?image=305525.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Cambridge Audio S50 Centre speaker - £99.95
    showimage.php?image=304934.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

The whole system looks great and works really well together as a cohesive system - it should retail at £549 - I can do a Boardie deal at £449.95 / €559.99

Sorry for busting the budget a little - it's not that easy to put a decent system together with quality components for under the €500 target.... but if you need to stick to that come back to me and I'll have a hunt for you..

thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ne

Hi John,

Thanks for the quote!! It is a bit over my budget though. I am slightly leaning towards going with a 3.1 system for now but at least it will be a decent setup and then add the rears when i get some extra cash

can you quote me a boardie deal for the 2 floorstanders centre and sub cheers

Nigel

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John,

Thanks for the quote!! It is a bit over my budget though. I am slightly leaning towards going with a 3.1 system for now but at least it will be a decent setup and then add the rears when i get some extra cash

can you quote me a boardie deal for the 2 floorstanders centre and sub cheers

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for getting back to us.

How about:

Cambridge Aduio S80 Subwoofer - £119.95

And for the centre the Monitor Audio Vector V20 - £49.95 (silly price for this centre)

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector/v20/

The Cambridge system John quoted is brilliant. Great thing is you can add the matching rears etc on at a later date. The above system would start you of nicely.

I could offer the above delivered for £510.45.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

sorry for the hijack, but i'd be interested on a ma v20 also.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

PCDub wrote: »
    sorry for the hijack, but i'd be interested on a ma v20 also.

Hi PC,

Back again.

I've got a few of the V20s left. Would you like me to give you a shout in the morning??

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Hi PC,

Back again.

I've got a few of the V20s left. Would you like me to give you a shout in the morning??

Chris

lunchtime would be better.
    Cheers

510 delivered??? Sterling??

Right again after looking at this i think theres no point going with 3.1 to start with.

I've been looking at reviews and am interested in the wharfdale dx1 system but with a pair of wharfdale diamond 10.3 at the front. Would you sell a split system and if so how much with delivery to cavan would this cost??

Hi Nigel,

How about:

And for the centre the Monitor Audio Vector V20 - £49.95 (silly price for this centre)

The Cambridge system John quoted is brilliant. Great thing is you can add the matching rears etc on at a later date. The above system would start you of nicely.

Chris

Bump

Right again after looking at this i think theres no point going with 3.1 to start with.

I've been looking at reviews and am interested in the wharfdale dx1 system but with a pair of wharfdale diamond 10.3 at the front. Would you sell a split system and if so how much with delivery to cavan would this cost??

Hi Nigel,

How about:

Chris

Bump

Hi Nigel,

How about:

Chris

Ne,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately the DX1 system comes into us as a system and we cannot split it -on the Wharfedale 10.3 - these are now a finished line for us - however we could add a pair of the Wharfedale CR30.4 at an additional £99.95 if you really wanted to have floorstanders at the front.

..if you wanted something more serious at the front - again we could add the Cambridge Audio S70's for an additional £179.95.

Delivery on the complete system would be £12.95 including the CR30.4's or S70's if required.

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and if we can assist please drop me a line and I'll do my best to give you a speedier response this time :o.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Cheers for getting back to me. Can I get a quote for the dx1 delivered to Cavan please. Maybe just leave the floorstanders for down the road.

Thanks
    Nigel

Ne,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately the DX1 system comes into us as a system and we cannot split it -on the Wharfedale 10.3 - these are now a finished line for us - however we could add a pair of the Wharfedale CR30.4 at an additional £99.95 if you really wanted to have floorstanders at the front.

..if you wanted something more serious at the front - again we could add the Cambridge Audio S70's for an additional £179.95.

Delivery on the complete system would be £12.95 including the CR30.4's or S70's if required.

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and if we can assist please drop me a line and I'll do my best to give you a speedier response this time :o.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Cheers for getting back to me. Can I get a quote for the dx1 delivered to Cavan please. Maybe just leave the floorstanders for down the road.

Thanks
    Nigel

Nigel,

thanks for the post - we can do the DX1 at £379.95 / €489.99 and we can do delivery at £12.99 for the system.

We have them available ex-stock and ready to ship so if you would like one please just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we could have delivery out to you tomorrow for the weekend :D

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.