Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room offer mistake?

• 20-08-2012 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi
    So today I got a room offer for Village apartments. On my original application for a room on campus I said I was a non smoker and would prefer to not live with smokers (nothing against people who smoke or anything). However when I logged in to pay for my room it said on the 'Application Information' on the top of the payment page that I do smoke but when I clicked on 'My Application' all the boxes for non smoker were ticked. I'm confused as to what is going on? Does this mean I have been put in with smokers or not? :confused: Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hi
    So today I got a room offer for Village apartments. On my original application for a room on campus I said I was a non smoker and would prefer to not live with smokers (nothing against people who smoke or anything). However when I logged in to pay for my room it said on the 'Application Information' on the top of the payment page that I do smoke but when I clicked on 'My Application' all the boxes for non smoker were ticked. I'm confused as to what is going on? Does this mean I have been put in with smokers or not? :confused: Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance :)

Same thing happened to me! I actually can't live with smokers, I wouldn't be able to breathe! My asthma is too bad! :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pande_monium

Same thing happened to me! I actually can't live with smokers, I wouldn't be able to breathe! My asthma is too bad! :confused::(

Gosh yeah I didn't even think of a situation like that :eek: I just can't stand the smell :pac: Maybe its just a default on the page or something since it happened to both of us?

I really hope so! I emailed the residence office asking for an explanation of what's happening etc. Hope they sort it though! :(

Got a reply today telling me i'm in a non-smoking apartment, I think you should contact the residence office and they will let you know! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Best bet is to contact the residence office!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Pande_monium

I emailed them and got a reply. I'm definitly not in a smokers room :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just for others I think that box was automatically ticked for everyone as it happened to my brother and myself too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I didnt know maynooth had smoking apartments, I thought we were all just doing it on the sly all these years

Advertisement