Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Facedness

• 20-08-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭

Have a friend back home, who I would consider my best female friend. Have always gotten on with the girl and have never had a bad word to say about her.

My main problem is that she constantly cuts the back off people (I mean she really insults them and gives out about them). I know most of these people and be quite friendly with them, but then she proceeds to go on nights out and excursions with these said people.

I've also heard now that she has been cutting the back off me for the last while and it hasn't been pretty.

I personally can't stand people that are two faced like that, so my question to you AH'ers is how would I go about confronting her about this?

Also what are your feelings on two faced people?

p.s...some might see this as being two faced, but to ye, feck off!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I thought he was great, better than the joker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There's nothing better than a two faced woman in the middle of a threesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

The last statement sums it all up for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭PieForPi

"Mr" whim wham, eh?

Feelings being hurt by a female, eh?

A female "best friend", you say?

Sounds like you need a dose of manthef*ckupness, stat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Its Twink isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

And bane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭mrwhimwham

You've been waiting for quite some time to use that one haven't you?

Its Twink isn't it.
    Zip up yer mickey

Fizman wrote: »
    The last statement sums it all up for you.

Bronn was always a man of wisdom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mrwhimwham wrote: »
    Bronn was always a man of wisdom...

blew my mind when I realised he was once half of Robson and Jerome.

whats this thread about again? it should be about Game of Thrones from now on.

• Advertisement

Have a friend back home, who I would consider my best female friend. Have always gotten on with the girl and have never had a bad word to say about her.

My main problem is that she constantly cuts the back off people (I mean she really insults them and gives out about them). I know most of these people and be quite friendly with them, but then she proceeds to go on nights out and excursions with these said people.

I've also heard now that she has been cutting the back off me for the last while and it hasn't been pretty.

I personally can't stand people that are two faced like that, so my question to you AH'ers is how would I go about confronting her about this?

Also what are your feelings on two faced people?

p.s...some might see this as being two faced, but to ye, feck off!!
    People bitch because of their own insecurities. You'd have to cut them a bit of slack for that reason alone.

PieForPi wrote: »
    Sounds like you need a dose of manthef*ckupness, stat!

I resent that remark. Now excuse me while I go try on some lace lingerie and drink myself into oblivion with West Coast Cooler!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

krudler wrote: »
    blew my mind when I realised he was once half of Robson and Jerome.

whats this thread about again? it should be about Game of Thrones from now on.

*petulantly calls for two-faced jester to perform at royal feast*

*has two-faced jester killed for not being funny, and having two faces*

I resent that remark. Now excuse me while I go try on some lace lingerie and drink myself into oblivion with West Coast Cooler!
    "Oblivion"s his name, eh? That'll be a hard one to tell the Mammy :D

PieForPi wrote: »
    "Oblivion"s his name, eh? That'll be a hard one to tell the Mammy :D

Too late...already found me lipstick.

Note to self, never ask After Hours for help with my problems! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

OP, Man-The-F*ck-Up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

People bitch because of their own insecurities. You'd have to cut them a bit of slack for that reason alone.

Not in my eyes tbh! There is no excuse for being an absolute prick and tearing your best friend to bits behind their back!

Not in my eyes tbh! There is no excuse for being an absolute prick and tearing your best friend to bits behind their back!

That is exactly what's pissing me off. Might just be better off without someone like that as a friend!!!

That is exactly what's pissing me off. Might just be better off without someone like that as a friend!!!

Cut her out or just tell her to grow a set and say the things she wants to say to peoples faces not behind their backs! Easier said than done to be honest!

Easier said than done to be honest!

TBH, I find the people who are most two faced, are the ones who are most afraid of conflict!

Not saying that about all pacifists, just a theory I came up with.

• Advertisement

TBH, I find the people who are most two faced, are the ones who are most afraid of conflict!

Fair point!

Im not the biggest fan of conflict unless im pushed. But im not nice to two faced people no matter how nice and lovely they may be to me, i dont copy them and follow the hypocrisy. I am how i am to them, i am civil.

I do sound a little two faced, but i dont put on the fake little happy personality those people put on! In my experience, its just not been worth the conflict sometimes!

Fair point!

Im not the biggest fan of conflict unless im pushed. But im not nice to two faced people no matter how nice and lovely they may be to me, i dont copy them and follow the hypocrisy. I am how i am to them, i am civil.

I do sound a little two faced, but i dont put on the fake little happy personality those people put on! In my experience, its just not been worth the conflict sometimes!

I just don't understand it. It's bound to come back on you later in life, regardless at how good you are at doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

People like that are damaged, they need to hurt others in order to feel better about their own pathetic miserable existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

In my experience OP, people like this need to be either confronted, or walked away from (for good).

People who talk about you behind your back, spread lies etc., in my experience, when ignored, and me not saying anything about it, they have always turned out to be no good for me.

Recently I've had to confront people simply because they have been acting stupidly and I have to work with them. I got the tears and the bull**** excuses but I held my ground, stayed calm, and reassured the person that I know what was said and it's not on. No tears or dramatising basic facts is going to change that and our work relationship is not going to work out if that continues.

Don't be quick to walk away when you have finished what you have said. Let them digest it in front of you and be assured that you are no push over.

Like I've said, the alternative is to walk away.

Not excusing it. But that's why most people bitch.
    Serial bitchers get found out anyway.

Also who cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Mrwhimwham 19**-20** first came up with the concept....

Ah theorists :)

Jay D wrote: »
    Mrwhimwham 19**-20** first came up with the concept....

Ah theorists :)

Whim's Theorem ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Go up on her and then tell her you don't want to know her anymore because of all the stuff she's been saying about you behind your back. When she says, inevitably, that 'that didn't stop you from lobbin' your slime inside me' you say 'I know. It didn't stop me.'

Fixed.

????

Profit.

Incidentally, everyone should get their fix of the ??? / profit meme before the Nazis ban that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Jay D wrote: »
    In my experience OP, people like this need to be either confronted, or walked away from (for good).

People who talk about you behind your back, spread lies etc., in my experience, when ignored, and me not saying anything about it, they have always turned out to be no good for me.

Recently I've had to confront people simply because they have been acting stupidly and I have to work with them. I got the tears and the bull**** excuses but I held my ground, stayed calm, and reassured the person that I know what was said and it's not on. No tears or dramatising basic facts is going to change that and our work relationship is not going to work out if that continues.

Don't be quick to walk away when you have finished what you have said. Let them digest it in front of you and be assured that you are no push over.

Like I've said, the alternative is to walk away.

00:45, in after hours and somebody is dishing out good advice,

THIS IS AFTER HOURS!

Op blast her with phlegm

• Advertisement

00:45, in after hours and somebody is dishing out good advice

Good advice was bound to come from somewhere. Just goes to prove, that AH'ers aren't all cruel, cold hearted, meme loving comedians!

Advertisement