Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiertickets.ie...Cancelled Concert!!! Help!!

Options
  • 20-08-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I bought 2 tickets for Nicki Minaj from www.premiertickets.ie and I paid 90 quid per ticket even though face value was only 54.50 quid... I know most of ye will think I mad for paying that but I really wanted to see Nicki Minaj in a small venue like the olympia....anyways..the show was cancelled today and I went on the website to see what the story was about getting a refund. I had to really search around on the website and after ages I eventually found the cancellation policy..it was so hard to find on the site that I knew even before I read it, it was gonna be shady:mad::mad::mad:

The cancellation policy states that they will only offer a refund of the "face value" only of the ticket even though I paid 90 quid for each ticket:eek: ..nearly double the price of the ticket :mad::mad::mad:

I could have got the tickets way cheaper off done deal or buy and sell but paid the steeper price as on the website it states

"Why Choose Premier Tickets?
    Buying tickets has never been a very good experience for fans. We all know stories about people getting ripped off when they are trying to buy tickets and we wanted to change this. So we’ve created the most comprehensive customer protection anywhere for anyone wanting to buy or sell us there tickets

Our Mission

Our mission is to bring efficiency and transparency to what has traditionally been a murky market place thus allowing consumers to buy your tickets in a safe and guaranteed way"

So I paid the higher price for the tickets as I thought I would of had some comeback if the show was cancelled etc. But now it seems that I would of been way better off going down a "murky" alley and buying tickets of a wierdo living in a bloody wheelie bin as it would of cost me way less money and I wouldn't have felt as ripped off as I do now!!!!!

Anyways..does anybody have any thoughts on this please? Do I have any leg to stand on or do I just have to take the refund of "face value" and let them keep the extra money I paid??

I think this might be a job for Joe Duffy:p

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Have a look around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hi Everyone,

I bought 2 tickets for Nicki Minaj from www.premiertickets.ie and I paid 90 quid per ticket even though face value was only 54.50 quid... I know most of ye will think I mad for paying that but I really wanted to see Nicki Minaj in a small venue like the olympia....anyways..the show was cancelled today and I went on the website to see what the story was about getting a refund. I had to really search around on the website and after ages I eventually found the cancellation policy..it was so hard to find on the site that I knew even before I read it, it was gonna be shady:mad::mad::mad:

The cancellation policy states that they will only offer a refund of the "face value" only of the ticket even though I paid 90 quid for each ticket:eek: ..nearly double the price of the ticket :mad::mad::mad:

I could have got the tickets way cheaper off done deal or buy and sell but paid the steeper price as on the website it states

Buying tickets has never been a very good experience for fans. We all know stories about people getting ripped off when they are trying to buy tickets and we wanted to change this. So we’ve created the most comprehensive customer protection anywhere for anyone wanting to buy or sell us there tickets

Our Mission

Our mission is to bring efficiency and transparency to what has traditionally been a murky market place thus allowing consumers to buy your tickets in a safe and guaranteed way"

So I paid the higher price for the tickets as I thought I would of had some comeback if the show was cancelled etc. But now it seems that I would of been way better off going down a "murky" alley and buying tickets of a wierdo living in a bloody wheelie bin as it would of cost me way less money and I wouldn't have felt as ripped off as I do now!!!!!

Anyways..does anybody have any thoughts on this please? Do I have any leg to stand on or do I just have to take the refund of "face value" and let them keep the extra money I paid??

Thanks in advance

How do you figure that out, do you think you would have got any refund if you went down that route?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did you buy by credit card? If so, do a charge-back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

the_syco wrote: »
    Did you buy by credit card? If so, do a charge-back :)

On what basis could they do a chargeback?

LeftBlank wrote: »
    On what basis could they do a chargeback?
    Hrm... chance their arm with "refusal to refund full ticket price of cancelled gig"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You used a tout site for tickets and it's backfired. I have no idea what you can do. This site and sites like it are more dodgy than a wierdo living in a bloody wheelie bin.

Never pay over the odds for a ticket. It's never worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I've never seen this website before (Premiertickets) but jesus, even reading their blurb is screams of dodgy dealings.

I love this utter nonsense:

Since all our David Guetta Tickets on Premier Tickets including concert tickets, sports tickets and theatre tickets - are covered by the Premier Tickets Ticket Guarantee, you can rest assured that your transaction will be 100% safe and secure when you use Premier Tickets Thanks to Ulster Bank and Realax Payments

WTF!
    Sorry OP, take it as a lesson learned.

Ah, touts.

OP: bring them to the small claims court for the craic, with the reason being "not refunding the amount you paid them". If all else fails, you may get the touts closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Lay down with Dogs, get up with fleas......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 premiertickets

Hi Everyone,

Our Mission

Thanks in advance

Skitzy Spider, I am sure that you along with every other client that bought tickets from Premier Tickets to see Nicki Minaj has received a FULL REFUND. It is a pity that you did not relay that information to all board users when you diid. We always provide a FULL REFUND if a concert is cancelled so I am not sure where you received your incorrect information from. In future please check before slating a company who offers an extremely professional service at all times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Skitzy Spider, I am sure that you along with every other client that bought tickets from Premier Tickets to see Nicki Minaj has received a FULL REFUND. It is a pity that you did not relay that information to all board users when you diid. We always provide a FULL REFUND if a concert is cancelled so I am not sure where you received your incorrect information from. In future please check before slating a company who offers an extremely professional service at all times.

Banned. Boards.ie does not support touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lordgoat wrote: »
    Banned. Boards.ie does not support touts.

A bit harsh IMO, touts disgust me too but he was here not on a touting capacity, just responding to some accusations made against him/his company.

scudzilla wrote: »
    A bit harsh IMO, touts disgust me too but he was here not on a touting capacity, just responding to some accusations made against him/his company.

He's in a dodgy business where he buys tickets that genuine fans miss out on unless they pay over the odds. People are entitled to have a dim view.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Danniboo wrote: »
    He's in a dodgy business where he buys tickets that genuine fans miss out on unless they pay over the odds. People are entitled to have a dim view.

I understand that, and I deplore touts, but that post wasn't selling any tickets, just responding to some accusations which everybody has a right to, that's why we live in a democracy.

Yeah he's entitled to his opinion and he had it and it reeks of b****hit

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,310 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

premiertickets, please do not post on Boards again until you have contacted the office about opening a verified rep account. Please e-mail them at reps@boards.ie

Failure to follow this instruction will result in a permanent siteban.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

scudzilla wrote: »

Plus touts usually dont actually have offices and look after ticketing of events. Premier handle Cage Contenders ticket distribution for events (Ive bought and collected tickets from them)

Advertisement