Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat hair on car roof

• 21-08-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

My cats love sitting on the canvas roof of my convertible. However they leave lots of hair that is impossible to remove. No amount of power washing helps. Is there something I can do to make it unattractive for them to sit there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Have you tried using some sticky tape or a lint roller to get off the hairs? I find they work best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Stick a car roof cover over it every night.Simples.

I'm oblivious to animal hair now...its literally everywhere, house/clothes/bed/car. I hoover twice a week and do a big clean twice a month but ya never EVER get it all :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

A rubber glove also works wonders for removing cat hair - although your neighbours will think you are crazy if they see you stroking your convertible with rubber gloves on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

.. and preferably a damp rubber glove :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jmck

Is your car usually parked in the sun? If so then it's most likely the heat that's attracting them to it (my cat loved sitting on car bonnets. even when starting the car and starting to move off he wouldn't get off!) So maybe if you have somewhere in the shade where you can park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Have you tried using some sticky tape or a lint roller to get off the hairs? I find they work best!

I think I'd be doing that everyday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

anniehoo wrote: »
    Stick a car roof cover over it every night.Simples.

I'm oblivious to animal hair now...its literally everywhere, house/clothes/bed/car. I hoover twice a week and do a big clean twice a month but ya never EVER get it all :p

Thanks. That sounds like the best solution as I actually don't use the car often plus it would help protect the car generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I have to say I thought the rubber glove idea was a load of crap until I tried it, but it's actually amazing for lifting up pet hair off anything especially soft furnishings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I have to say I thought the rubber glove idea was a load of crap until I tried it, but it's actually amazing for lifting up pet hair off anything especially soft furnishings.

I am definitely going to try this tomorrow! Thank you! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

The cats will usually sit on a roof where they can look in the window of the house in the hope that you’ll let them in. Move the car to a different spot and they will sit on someone else’s roof.

A friend of mine says that lead works well for problems like this – you apply it behind the cat’s ear but I’m not sure I would suggest something like that in this nation of cat lovers. Miaaaaw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

solas111 wrote: »
    A friend of mine says that lead works well for problems like this – you apply it behind the cat’s ear but I’m not sure I would suggest something like that in this nation of cat lovers. Miaaaaw.

Have a warning for suggesting shooting cats.Not allowed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

twirlagig wrote: »
    I am definitely going to try this tomorrow! Thank you! :)

Its really great for cleaning the fur out of cat bedding as well.

Advertisement