Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Scholarships 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GaryB94

So is it possible not all county's winners have been notified yet? What does it mean by re-counts by the way?
    Yeah, LC rechecks.
    Not sure but my guess would be that the top 2 from every county has been selected, that's 52 from the 26 counties, which leaves another 48 for the country's next top scorers. But I'd say the 85 given out so far would include Northern Ireland as well with the A levels or whatever. I think the north are designated 25 places overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

GaryB94 wrote: »
    So is it possible not all county's winners have been notified yet? What does it mean by re-counts by the way?
    Yeah, LC rechecks.
    Not sure but my guess would be that the top 2 from every county has been selected, that's 52 from the 26 counties, which leaves another 48 for the country's next top scorers. But I'd say the 85 given out so far would include Northern Ireland as well with the A levels or whatever. I think the north are designated 25 places overall.

I doubt I was in Dublin's top 2! Wouldn't rule it out but I'm guessing at least 2 from the huge studentbase here got more than 480.
    I'd say it's 52 + 33 further ROI winners, 15 reserved for re checks here.

Best of Luck PF!

Kind of half expected it to happen anyway, my mam wants most of my scholarship money :(
    I'm happy to help out a little, but that's not what this scholarship was intended for imo.
    Also this means I'll have no money saved to do a Masters degree now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Eathrin wrote: »
    I doubt I was in Dublin's top 2! Wouldn't rule it out but I'm guessing at least 2 from the huge studentbase here got more than 480.
    I'd say it's 52 + 33 further ROI winners, 15 reserved for re checks here.

Best of Luck PF!
    My friend said it's actually split into smaller areas - makes sense really, it wouldn't be fair if only 2 in Dublin got it, because I'd say there's a good few in Dublin who might have broken 600 and qualified.
    Kind of half expected it to happen anyway, my mam wants most of my scholarship money :(
    I'm happy to help out a little, but that's not what this scholarship was intended for imo.
    Also this means I'll have no money saved to do a Masters degree now :(
    http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/entschol.pdf not saying it won't increase...but me and kitty asked and they're still doing these in UCD, and BAFS is 590. So you might get more money. :pac: Let's all pray they stay the same. :D

Patchy~ wrote: »
    My friend said it's actually split into smaller areas - makes sense really, it wouldn't be fair if only 2 in Dublin got it, because I'd say there's a good few in Dublin who might have broken 600 and qualified.

http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/entschol.pdf not saying it won't increase...but me and kitty asked and they're still doing these in UCD, and BAFS is 590. So you might get more money. :pac: Let's all pray they stay the same. :D

Ooh I doubt it, that would be nice but everybody in my course has the extra 25 and without it I'm just 570.
    Good luck to you in getting it!

• Advertisement

So has anyone received communication back from the trust yet since returning the form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Ooh I doubt it, that would be nice but everybody in my course has the extra 25 and without it I'm just 570.
    Good luck to you in getting it!

Yeah- if it is for each single course, the guy from strandhill doing your course got 615.

Sorry Cian. </3

No Zach its not for the one highest, its for the top 10% I think.

No Zach its not for the one highest, its for the top 10% I think.

Oh yeah, Cian, you're well in there... :D CIAN GONNA BE RICH.

Cian did I..ever tell ya you're my besto? ;) :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm raising my price per ride...

I always knew you were.
    Now which charity are we donating to?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Salts

So has anyone received communication back from the trust yet since returning the form?
    When I was talking to them on their Facebook page, they said the recipients are notified mid-September :)
    I'd be absolutely gutted if for some reason I don't get it now, I've counting on it when doing budgets and seeing what I'll be able to afford.

Salts wrote: »
    When I was talking to them on their Facebook page, they said the recipients are notified mid-September :)
    I'd be absolutely gutted if for some reason I don't get it now, I've counting on it when doing budgets and seeing what I'll be able to afford.

I'm just a little nervous now that there was some mix up in the post:eek:
    I'm the same, I'm absolutely dependent on the receipt of this scholarship.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chibihito

Got my official offer this morning:)

chibihito wrote: »

Coincidentally, I got my letter too.
    I didn't know we needed to write a 200 word biography:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chibihito

Coincidentally, I got my letter too.

Oh God xD I didn't even notice that part :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

A little biography is the least we could do ;)

Does anyone know, do they pay us €6750 every year for the duration of our course or is it a once off payment (which i doubt)? :confused:

A little biography is the least we could do ;)

Does anyone know, do they pay us €6750 every year for the duration of our course or is it a once off payment (which i doubt)? :confused:

As long as you're still eligible, you will receive payments of €750 p.m. during the academic year for as long as you are an undergraduate(non-repeating).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well done to anyone who was selected - a great achievement.

• Advertisement

chibihito wrote: »
    I'm up in UCC for the HEAR orientation at the moment, fingers crossed it'll be there when I get home.... The anxiety's starting to kick in now..
    Oh yeah I saw that in other threads when I was checking out the scholarship a few months ago, it'll be weird talking about yourself like that but sure what harm. I'd write a book about myself if someone offered me €6,750 :p

Did anyone inform SUSI of the scholarship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

You have to inform them. It's not counted as income though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 crypticguy

So do you inform them of a change in circumstances or something like that? Congrats to everyone else that got them!

How do you inform them of this after already making an application?
    A simple phone call/e-mail?
    It won't affect my eligibility for a grant will it?

How do you inform them of this after already making an application?
    A simple phone call/e-mail?
    It won't affect my eligibility for a grant will it?

I'd say call them up anyway and see what they say. They might ask you to send in documents to break-down the financial assistance. At the time I got the consideration letter for the scholarship, SUSI had asked me to send in photocopies of letters about HEAR so it was handy, I just included a photocopy of the consideration letter.
    No it shouldn't, you're definitely entitled to hold the grant and scholarship simultaneously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Got offer this morning, filled in acceptance forms but obviously post won't be delivered until Wednesday or Thursday. Also, the part where it tells you to register online on the AIS website, am I being simple or can anyone else not find the log-in option?

Got offer this morning, filled in acceptance forms but obviously post won't be delivered until Wednesday or Thursday. Also, the part where it tells you to register online on the AIS website, am I being simple or can anyone else not find the log-in option?

I cannot find it either.
    I haven't filled in the forms yet but I will in the coming days, I don't think the deadline's for some time yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

I cannot find it either.
    I haven't filled in the forms yet but I will in the coming days, I don't think the deadline's for some time yet.

Next Friday according to the cover letter, let's just hope the log in magically appears when they get the letters :p Maybe they'll send us the log in details in an e-mail or something

Advertisement