Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Scholarships 2012

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

Same as myself so, my top 5 subjects were 2 A1's and 3 A2's.. :)

Hmmm well that gives me more hope... but it all depends on the county.
    Where are you from?

EDIT: Just saw your location, nevermind....

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Same as myself so, my top 5 subjects were 2 A1's and 3 A2's.. :)

What were your points? :eek: Congrats by the way. Up da yellow bellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

Got my letter, happy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

woopah92 wrote: »
    What were your points? :eek: Congrats by the way. Up da yellow bellies!

580. I was aiming for 600 but, now that I've (supposedly) gotten this scholarship, I'm happy. :D

580. I was aiming for 600 but, now that I've (supposedly) gotten this scholarship, I'm happy. :D

I'm not home til tomorrow, I wonder did I get one too. :eek: (I have a little bit higher than yours) and I'm in Wexford too. :p Or did you have to apply for this scholarship?

• Advertisement

woopah92 wrote: »
    I'm not home til tomorrow, I wonder did I get one too. :eek: (I have a little bit higher than yours) and I'm in Wexford too. :p Or did you have to apply for this scholarship?

If you were exempt from paying for the Leaving Cert (i.e. if you have a medical card) and you got higher points than me then I would imagine you stand a pretty good chance. I think it can depend on your address a bit too, but I'm not entirely sure!

If you were exempt from paying for the Leaving Cert (i.e. if you have a medical card) and you got higher points than me then I would imagine you stand a pretty good chance. I think it can depend on your address a bit too, but I'm not entirely sure!

Yep, I do have a medical card so hopefully I get one. :) Hmm, yeah the address thing could be a problem. I don't think it's considered a "disadvantaged area" or whatever the term was in the HEAR scheme. I have the grant though so it wouldn't be that much of a loss if I didn't get it.

Well I don't want to get your hopes up, but a medical card and points higher than mine gives you a very good chance. Both myself and a good friend of mine got our letters, she on 610 and myself 580. She lives on a main road outside of an average sized town, I live in a more remote area but close to the same town!

Well I don't want to get your hopes up, but a medical card and points higher than mine gives you a very good chance. Both myself and a good friend of mine got our letters, she on 610 and myself 580. She lives on a main road outside of an average sized town, I live in a more remote area but close to the same town!

I don't think the area is THAT important... I live in a quiet suburban housing estate on the outskirts of a big town. The estate is big enough, but I wouldn't say it's disadvantaged, lots of teachers from my school living here, as well as young families :) I got 5 A1s though, so presumably that's why...

comeclosa wrote: »
    I don't think the area is THAT important... I live in a quiet suburban housing estate on the outskirts of a big town. The estate is big enough, but I wouldn't say it's disadvantaged, lots of teachers from my school living here, as well as young families :) I got 5 A1s though, so presumably that's why...

5 A1's? Ah here, 5 A1's and a medical card would all but guarantee you this scholarship I would have thought. :)

Let us know when you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RB94

5 A1's? Ah here, 5 A1's and a medical card would all but guarantee you this scholarship I would have thought. :)

Let us know when you know!

I also got 5 A1's and received the letter this morning. I live about 5km outside a village in Limerick.

(I've never posted here but have lurked a lot.)

2 A1s.
    3 A2s.
    No letter :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Dublin.

Very best of luck to you, but even with them giving extra ones to Dublin to try to balance it out due to population, the competition is very high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

3 A1s, 2A2s, no letter :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It also has to be your first time sitting the Leaving, as far as I know.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

spurious wrote: »
    It also has to be your first time sitting the Leaving, as far as I know.

Really?? Does it say it somewhere?

It makes sense but I dont want to believe you....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

http://www.allirelandscholarships.com/index.php/information/, under 'How the scholarship is awarded'.

The Republic of Ireland:
    They will be awarded to the top 100 performing students results based on the candidate’s first attempt at the Secondary School Leaving Certificate Exam with a minimum of 2 scholarships awarded to each county and the balance will be distributed throughout the 26 counties based on the results from the exam.
    (Please note: subsequent attempts are excluded)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Did everyone receive their letters?

yournerd wrote: »
    Did everyone receive their letters?

Definitely at this stage. The reply date for the scholarship was by 5 PM today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ColinJ94

I got 5 a1s from cork. I got my letter about a week ago. Just because you got the letter doesn mean your guaranteed it i think but hopefully i got it. Does anyone know the standard from cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

If you accept the scholarship and you still qualify for the medical card, you should be guaranteed the scholarship once you receive the letter of consideration.

Thanks. Can you tell me the typical waiting time to get the official acceptance letter :P ive been waiting anxiously :P

Well done to everyone who get their letter! :D Looks like it just wasn't my year :(

You just got unlucky being from dublin .. anywhere else and you would have got it :/ you might still get a scholarship to whatever uni your going to :D

I think it was around 2 weeks but that's just a guess I can't find my letters and can't remember too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Lads is it possible to get 7A1's in Dublin and not get contacted for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I wish I got this :((

Do you fulfil the requirements?
    Medical card (so exempt from paying the LC fee), first time sitting the Leaving, not in receipt of another scholarship and attending a non fee paying secondary school?

Lots more stuff here: http://www.education.ie/en/Learners/Services/Scholarships/All-Ireland-Scholarship-Scheme.pdf (.pdf file)

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I've received nothing as of yet. I'm hoping it will be within the month.

Advertisement